Thread: Android Resolution & Assets looking odd on device

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android Resolution & Assets looking odd on device

Hi,

I'm currently developing an Android game using the exporter, but I have a couple of issues.

First, I've gone with the resolution 800 x 1280 whilst developing my game, as that's the resolution of my testing device (a Samsung 10.1 tablet).
    When I use Stretch to Fill under Display settings in the application, the Android action bar at the bottom of the screen will squeeze my game together vertically by about 30 px, which has a small negative impact on the graphics.

Is there a way to avoid that by using another Display setting, or by going for a more universally appropriate resolution for my application?

Second, a few of the assets, while looking fine on the PC, will look a bit weird on the Android device. These assets are mainly white circles, and the issue manifests itself in the form of little dark borders around part of the circles.
    Note: not around the entire circle, but a few pixels here and there - mainly at the top and bottom it would seem.

I've tried swapping Display settings to 'Fit inside' to no avail, the border of the circular assets will still act up even when the aspect ratio of the application is correct.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have messed around a bit - i settled on 1024 x 600 (landscape) for my sony xperia z1 (it has 1920 x 1080 resolution). It seemed to fit quite well, especially as originally 1024 x 768 squashed the screen a bit too much. I am using stretch to fit on android.

I tried it on a friends 7 inch tablet and it appeared okay as well.

When i was looking at the most common android resolutions they were 1024 x 600 and 800 x 480.

I also noticed that you need to turn off smooth graphics, as my sprites looked very pixelated on the android..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting - thanks for sharing!

I just tried turning off smooth resizing (is that what you were referring to?) and the weird borders around my circular assets did indeed vanish. However, now the entire screen instead looks as if though covered by dozens of transparent and horizontal bars. This makes the assets appear all "wave-y" when they scroll up and down. :/

Will keep experimenting - grateful for any insight people can provide on these issues!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that's want i meant. Not quite sure i have noticed any issues with my game (scrolls sideways).