User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you use MultiTouch?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How do you use MultiTouch?

Hi Folks.

I'm working on a new iOS game and for the first time it will allow multiple touches on screen. I've never used MultiTouch before and have been reading the help file on it but it sounds complicated. Each new touch is assigned a number and each repeated touch could result in a different number?!? My game has two buttons, one that the user can keep pressed on and the other that the user has to constantly tap to make it work. I need to be able to detect these touches and in the case of Button 1, know when the user has kept their finger on it while still tapping away on Button 2.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to use the MultiTouch controls in the Event Editor to achieve this?
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll keep an eye on this thread.. how do you use the single touch?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a simple example I made, I think it demonstrates what you're trying to do. Multi Touch is fairly simple really, it's just a slightly new concept for the uninitiated.. there's only a few simple lines to this example so you should see how it all works pretty quickly.

Multi Touch Buttons.mfa

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, much appreciated.
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Here's a simple example I made, I think it demonstrates what you're trying to do. Multi Touch is fairly simple really, it's just a slightly new concept for the uninitiated.. there's only a few simple lines to this example so you should see how it all works pretty quickly.

Multi Touch Buttons.mfa
    Hi Dave,

I am also trying to use the multi touch object. The idea is to tap on falling objects. However, when testing on a iphone it doesn't seem to work (wont recognise my taps). I even created a test app that says push here, you tap the button and it says thanks. That didn't work so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

The .mfa file doesn't seem to open it just opens as a attachment.php file. Odd.

Would it be possible to upload it again please?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Thanks.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multitoush fail.jpg

This is my setup. And it does not work on the Iphone. I have selected "multi touch" in the frame properties also.

So when I click on the right side of my "Divider" object I want my player to jump. And when I click on the left side I want it to change color. It works individually but it it does not work if I hold down on the right side to make it jump contantly and then press down on the left side to change color.

Anyone have an ide?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you are testing for touch 0 only, which will work if you do one or the other but not both at the same time.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okey, Ive suspected something like that. But I have tried different values on booth of the clicks. Cant get it to work. What numbers do you suggest I put in both of the conditions? Or do I have to add more lines of code?

Clicker

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    instead of tracking the touch, I track a created object on every touch and assign an ID value to that touch object to get it's touch ID. (look at the code it will make more sense)

using specific touches for the events will only work if you make that specific touch. For example, if in your second event you have touch 1 (instead of 0) it will only work when you do the second touch. Instead of 0 you might be able to use the "LastNewTouch( "Multiple Touch" )" as the expression (using the multiple touch object) or you can do it the way I did in the example attached.

Multi Touch Divided.mfa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast