User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: HTML5 Exporter and Wii U via Nintendo Web Framework

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    About the XBOX exporter : despite its reasonable price, despite the cost of $99 to be a developer at Microsoft, despite the huge XBOX360 market when it was released, we did not make a lot of sales.
    It will only be worse with a $1000 SDK for a less-popular console.
    If all we want is labels to put on the frontpage, the Wii-U object is enough for this (with an asterisk, as Scirra does on their labels).
    So I really do not know. But yes, we are only talking about a wrapper, it should not be that difficult to make in fact.
    Waiting for Nintendo to contact me about Nintendo Web Framework.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTML5 Exporter and Wii U via Nintendo Web Framework

Yeah, I should imagine we'd be able to import the HTML5 project directly into the Web Framework IDE with only a few tweaks anyways so as you said it could use an object like the OUYA object for Android.

As for the Xbox exporter, to be fair it just said "XNA", I wasn't even aware it ported to Xbox until I read it on the forum.

A request, Francois, could the Wii U Object contain an action to set a specified layer to appear on the gamepad and not the TV screen? And touches on the gamepad should be read as mouse clicks. :-)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XNA was just about dead by the time the exporter was out.. it was well established that no one wanted to buy xbox indie games (mostly bad management/discovery by microsoft.. and too many awful games)

Indie is being treated more seriously this gen... and the wiiU has a tiny library of games.. anyone who has paid for a wiiU is desperate to extract some value out of it.. so they may actually sell better.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good answer François, instead of wasting time on these things is best used for more options for Android and iOS, as the implementation of Gamepad API for iOS7. Apple is about to turn your Apple TV on a console and that if is going to be a market!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really having a hard time understanding the wii U poor sales argument here. I understand it hasn't met many projections, but at the time of this post, it still has more units sold than any other console this gen. Granted, it's been out a year longer, it still has the largest active user base, which I think would be relevant. Am I wrong?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTML5 Exporter and Wii U via Nintendo Web Framework

Very good point, Aeolian, and 4 million users is a LOT to sell to, especially with the high visibility you get on the eShop.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the reason, here is the sales of the NEXT GEN, only Nintendo has 5.7 million consoles in two years, the same as PS4 in 3 months.

If I get to choose to my in particular, prefer to Clickteam develop exporter for PS4, which also has a large community of independent developers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Koji, the argument posed here isn't really about whether CT should have an exporter for a next gen console, but more whether it is worth the time to adapt HTML5 to work with the new framework nintendo has provided for the wii u. The sales trends are relevant, but even more so is the active user base, which according to your graphic, is prevelant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have all the reason, is that discussed the implementation of the framework, but don't you think that Francois is right?

I for my part would like to spend their time on improving the Android exporter which is very slow with the effects ADD, SUB, and Alpha Blendíng, implements Google Play, social media and the Gamepad API iOS7, between these two exporters have an installed and active base of more than 700 million users.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't suggest that CT take time away from other important tasks. The idea of this thread was to suggest implementing a wii u exporter primarily because it wouldn't take too much time, and to demonstrate that there is some interest. If it's too much of a burden with not enough return, then I understand if CT doesn't pursue it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast