User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Turn-based Battle System

  1. #1
    Clicker Fusion 2.5SWF Export Module
    Zorcano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Turn-based Battle System

    Is there any way to create a turn based battle system like in RPGs? An example would be nice. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Del_Duio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cygnus X-I
    Posts
    919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course!

    Take a look at this game I made and see if the battles are what you mean:

    http://dxfgames.com/EquinTheLantern/EquinTheLantern.htm

    It's not really super easy per se, but using a list object and a ****load of variables with a counter you can do it. I never really saw a specific turn-based battle system example before so I had to make that part by muddling through.

  3. #3
    Clicker Fusion 2.5

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this link is broken.

  4. #4
    Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Del_Duio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cygnus X-I
    Posts
    919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird, works for me I just double-checked.

    http://dxfgames.com/EquinTheLantern/EquinTheLantern.htm


  5. #5
    Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    537
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also made a turn based system. First i created a counter which added numbers based on your characters speed. if speed was low like 1 the counter would add a number every 1 second for example etc. when counter had maximum value, the commands becomes available. and upon clicking on one of those commands you make the various stuff happen. Oh and a counter counting up for the enemy as well. maybe it can get you started

  6. #6
    Clicker Fusion 2.5SWF Export Module
    Zorcano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could I see an example of it?? Thanks!

  7. #7
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    ratty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've dabbled with this in the past and always had difficulty coming up with a reasonable solution. Activating/deactivating various groups and playing with counters/lists seems to be the way to go.

  8. #8
    Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Del_Duio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cygnus X-I
    Posts
    919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Yes, you are correct. A list box can be great for something like this. Depending on whatever monster you run into you can fill it with all their possible battle actions and even the odds of them executing those actions. Ex- for "Fight, Fight, Fight, Run" the monster would have a 75% chance to attackk the player and a 25% chance to run away. ^^

    I think what Klownzilla's talking about sounds more like an ATB battle system (ex. Final Fantasy 4 or 6, that uses speed counters for player action). If the OP's looking for a more traditional, Dragon Quest 1 vs 1 turn-based deal a very basic idea using a single counter might look something like this:

    ---

    Start Encounter, Battle counter set to 1

    If counter = 1, then (have player enter his command)

    If command = "fight" then counter = 2
    If command = "run" then counter = 3

    If counter = 2 and enemy hit, damage enemy HP
    If counter = 2 and enemy HP <= 0 then counter = 5
    If counter = 2 and enemy HP > 0 then set counter to 4
    If counter = 2 and enemy is missed, set battle counter to 4

    If counter = 3 and running was successful, return to main map screen and end the fight
    If counter = 3 and running was unsuccessful, then counter = 4

    If counter = 4 then enemy attacks player (yada yada and etc)

    If counter = 4 and player's HP > 0 then counter = 1 (goes back to the player's turn)
    If counter = 4 and player's HP <=0 then player dies and go to the "you died" screen

    If counter = 5 then you won the fight / award gold & experience points, treasures, and a ham sammich.

    ----

    Of course there's more too it than that, and maybe less sammich, but if you draw out a flow chart for what you want you will be able to do it.

  9. #9
    Clicker Fusion 2.5SWF Export Module
    Zorcano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Del_Duio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cygnus X-I
    Posts
    919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to be of help, let us know how it turns out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Turn based hex game
    By MentalFrog in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11th August 2014, 06:02 PM
  2. Turn Based game help!!!
    By Aidan in forum The Games Factory 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th November 2007, 12:01 AM
  3. Hi i need help seting up a turn based system
    By Skyhunter in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd January 2007, 04:45 PM
  4. Turn-based tutorial
    By jayklik in forum File Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 9th October 2006, 07:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •