User Tag List

Thread: Walls

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walls

Hello, I am currently developing a game. I know how to stop a player from exiting the screen but I don't know how to make a player stop when it hits an obstacle (wall). I know how to do this with the set movements but on this occasion I have made my own - when w is pressed 'set y position to y object -6' then the same for asd with slightly different code. Can anyone help me with this?
    thanks Lucas

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A really basic answer would be to have something like 'If player presses right' + player is not overlapping an obstacle then X = X + 1.

But you're likely going to need invisible detectors to do this right, make and set them always to the right and left sides of the character and then use that for your movement conditions->

'If player presses right' + Right Detector is not overlapping an obstacle then X = X + 1.
    'If player presses left' + Left Detector is not overlapping an obstacle then X = X - 1.

There's plenty of tutorials and examples out there for this very thing and I've found them helpful too, you should search the forums I'm sure you'll find a good example mfa in no time.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are examples on my website.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    marv its a bit complicated/don't get it do you have an easier way

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when w is pressed +player is not overlapping an obstacle 'set y position to y object -6'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i go into the obstacle it stops me but then i cant move

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried using detectors on either side of the character? For example, if the character is tries to move right and the right detector isn't obstructed, he will move. If he tries to move right and the right detector is obstructed, he won't move. Same for left. That way if you move right and stop, you can still move left freely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks got it