User Tag List

Thread: Joystick (Keyboard) Toggle Frame Problem

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joystick (Keyboard) Toggle Frame Problem

Hi,

I'm working on an application where I use the Player 1 "read joystick state" condition, where the joystick is the keyboard. I'm having a problem, however, where pressing a button, in this example the up arrow, is used to go to the next frame (Frame 2). In Frame 2, the up arrow goes back to Frame 1. When I press the up arrow, I'd like it to toggle between the two frames; however, the frame just quickly switches between themselves and gets upset.

Please see the attached example that shows my problem - it switches between two different coloured frames quickly due to the problem, so please don't view this if flashing lights/patterns might cause a seizure.

Thanks,
    JoshuaC
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add another trigger in your condition Timer is greater than 00"-00, or 00"-10 if that's too soon.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, such an easy fix, thank you.

My only concern with using the timer is if someone had a older, slower computer running a few programs at once, would there be any chance of this messing up? My example only shows changing between colours; however, with the actual application I am developing, it is vital that this problem doesn't occur.

I understand I could set a longer timer to be sure but I also don't want to inconvenience the user if indeed they did want to quickly hit the arrow twice to switch frames.

Summed up: Will this prevent the problem no matter what, and if not, is there a fool-proof solution?

Again, thanks so much for your help; if this is indeed the best way to do this I will definitely use your fix

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well..... You could limit the pressing up via an active object alterable value change.
    In other words, you could do something like this:

Alterable Value A of [Object] < 10: Add 1 to alterable value A
    - Player pressed up
    + Alterable Value A of [Object] > 0: Jump to frame #

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One quick question, I've assumed '[Object] < 10' is a typo and used 1 instead, just making sure there isn't a reason I should use 10

I've only started seriously using Fusion recently and while I was hoping some sort of alterable value trickery might help, I couldn't get my head around the order of the events and the whole immediate condition thing.

Thank you so much for your help as what you've described seems to be working perfectly for me!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reason at all. In fact, you could keep adding to value A if you wanted. Alt.Value A < 10 was just to stop adding to 1 when it hit 10. Or for some reason it kept doing something you didn't want it to do until Alt.Value A hit something greater than 5 instead.

Though you could also do something like this instead:
    - Run this Event Once: Add 1 to Alt.Value A.