Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Graphics problem on Android Device

Hi,

This issue is driving me nuts.

My graphics will look fine on both PC and my Android testing device. However, circular objects will look slightly distorted around the edges, as if their 'perfect circular shape' is slightly crammed together. But only on the Android device. On PC they are just fine.

I've added an image of poor quality, where I've taken the quick route by taking a photo of my Android device's screen. In the image you'll see a heart - the big one has the distorted edges around the top, bottom, left, and right sides, while the little one is how it shows up on PC.

Grateful for any help with this issue. How do I make sure my circular assets remain flawless on the device?

heart.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What your seeing is the effects Anti-Alias on a graph but you only see it when it's blown up for the most part. Make a larger image rather than making a smaller image larger make the larger image smaller if you have to resize. Another option would be to make the image without Anti-Alias but I don't think you will like the result of that when resized larger either. It's even kind of choppy at it's original size, that is what Anti-Alias is for though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply!

First I'd like to mention that the original asset looks much better - I did some really poor / lazy image editing here just to get the post up as quick as possible.

Also, to my knowledge I am not scaling the asset neither up or down. I am, however, making the assets in the resolution I intend for them in the application. Would you recommend that I make a habit of making assets at a higher resolution and then scale them down in Fusion?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not if you don't have to. The larger the image the larger the app. If you are going to resize then I would make the image the larger size I needed then bring it down is what I was saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I will keep doing what I'm doing then.

Regarding the issue I needed to solve, what do you think it could be caused by now that scaling is out of the picture?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What resolution is your game? And what setting are you using for scaling on the Android Device under the exporter settings? "Fit Outside"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply!

My application window is 640 x 960 while the frames are 768 x 1136. I have the display set to 'Fit inside and adjust window size'. This is all based on the guide found in this thread, as I want my game to fit well on many different devices.

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/74189-Scaling-for-iPhone-5-and-iPad-HOW-TO-DO-IT-RIGHT

It should be noted that I had this graphical issue before I chose the current settings, based on that guide. Back then, I had both the application window and the frames set to 800 x 1280, with the display set to 'Stretch to fill'.

Update:

The affected objects seem to have something in common - a transparent 'stroke' effect around them, applied in Photoshop.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I was wondering if it was distortion based on resizing the images for the phone screen. Anti-aliasing and transparent effects like a stroke or glow are definitely more likely to distort when scaling an image - anti-aliasing I believe is something used to attempt to smooth out images, but doesn't always scale well - from what I understand.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have tried turning off smooth resizing right?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just a question, Could be that this image was done/created using adobe photoshop?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast