User Tag List

Thread: Help! LW Doesnt connect for me

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Help! LW Doesnt connect for me

I'm using fusion 2.5 and the version of LW that was packaged with it (#20)

I want to switch from using MooGame to LW (as moogame is just too laggy for what I am trying to achieve here)
    Moogame connects fine - and windows firewall always gives a prompt "allow?" when I build an exe with mooapi.
    Not with LW. No prompt (as if its not working) and it doesn't connect to local host - and yes, the port is forwarded!

I used a string to test what the error is: "socket error - error connecting"

Any ideas? I saw people had similar problems but it was often the firewall? (I have put EDRT.exe and STDRT.exe and the new fusion exe all in exceptions )

Thank you

EDIT: I even tried putting moogame in the same frame (as a test) and making that connect first (forcing the firewall to give the option)
    and THEN (once its cleared) attempting Lacewing connect - but same result. Socket Error

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you connecting to? What are you using as the server?
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few points:
    Lacewing uses port 6121 as default, MooStuff uses 1203. Only forward the one you need.
    If you uncheck "Compress the runtime" in first tab of app properties, the firewall message will only come up once.
    I assume you're running a Lacewing server using the Lacewing Relay Server object?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems only one of the lacewing objects was installed properly (I only just got 2.5 the other day), I went into the extension manager and reinstalled them all and now it connects.
    (and yea, I made a lacewing relay server)
    but now the 2nd frame (of the tutorial) where it creates a room is not working! (no response when I click "create game")

I am still using 1203, so maybe that is the issue. I will have to port forward 6121 only? Does it not work with any other port?

Thanks for the replys

EDIT: forwarded 6121. Still does not create a room but does connect and host a server.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, in Lacewing, you do "Connect -> Set Name -> Join Channel", not the same as MooStuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks phi

I'm using the example file by dizzydoo and so, haven't really changed anything that he already made (which apparently worked for him and others).
    Are you familiar with that tutorial?
    On the second frame it creates or joins an existing lobby (after connecting on the first frame).
    As I'm running my own server (on the same pc) it has to create a lobby but theres no response when I click "create game"
    I have a separate exe running (as the host) which just has the action of host "localhost:6121" at start of frame.
    Then I try the tutorial file it connects successfully when I enter a name and moves on to the next screen (lobby) but I get no further than that.
    I added in another line (on frame 2) which says "every 3 seconds IF not connected THEN connect to "localhost:6121" and it plays a sound (to test) which means it either lost connection
    or was not connected properly in the first place (?)

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    update: its working now, I turned off the 1203 forward and tweaked some other stuff, thanks for the suggestions guys