User Tag List

Thread: Physics set direction of bouncing ball to mouse position?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Physics set direction of bouncing ball to mouse position?

Hello again my friends...

I have a bouncing ball physics object in middle of frame that start with none direction and speed.....

But when I press space...I want to set speed 100 and direction to my mouse pointer position.....but I dont know how to do it....I select "set direction to.." but I dont know how to find a mouse pointer coordinate on expression.....

I just know how to retrieve XMouse and YMouse...

Do you know some expression that retrieves the mouse pointer position?

Best regards my friends!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You need to get the angle of the mouse, relative to the ball. You can use tye advanced direction calculator extension to do this, or if you want to manually work it out, you need a bit of basic trigonometry. This will explain how:

http://www.mathsisfun.com/sine-cosine-tangent.html

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have a idea how to do this

I can try to understand...but I dont know how to apply this on conditions/expressions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

I've tried everything without success...I cant figure it out....has been 5 days that I'm searching for the best way to shoot my bouncing ball from my object to mouse pointer position...and a 360 bouncing without randomize angles...

I've attached the file here..it's very simple....if someone can fix this for me...I'll be very gratful...when I click with left mouse button...I just want to make my physics bouncing ball go to the mouse direction....

And I have another little problem.....I want a perfect bounce...without randomize direction.....the default bouncing ball have the option to put this on 0.....but the physics bouncing ball dont have this....and keeps to do a different bouncing direction to the object sometimes......how can I turn it to 0 too?

Best regards, and sorry to share my problem and take your time...

Thanks
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're trying to use the direction (a max of 32 directions) and Fusion is getting confused.. you can't use the built in directions for 360 degree angles.

if you wanted to use directions you could set the direction to the angle of the launcher / 11.25

If you want 360 degrees, you need to set the ball to the angle of the launcher. You also needed to change an option in the balls movement "fixed angle"

launchobject 2.mfa download this version here to see.

I haven't really touched the physics objects so I'm not sure what you're talking about with the bounce randomization.. but what I do know is that the built in bouncing ball was never any good.. so it's probably not something you should aspire to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much DaveC and Simon....

The bounce randomization angle....when the object bounce...something the angle it's not exacly like it have to do....it just change....