User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Flappy Bird?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flappy Bird?

A member posted their version of Flappy Bird and I'm just curios how it's done. If anyone has an example, I'd be interested how it's done. I'm trying to figure this out and I say it's setting X to X minus 3 or 2 on the backgrounds or adjust to liking and reposition them. As for the pipes, I think it's just 2 pipes outside the play area with bouncing ball movement or x to x again and setting it's Y position to a random number to move the pipe up or down and when the pipe reaches a set X position, it's repositioned on the right again. Not sure about all this though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a pretty rough Flappy Bird engine, but it should give you an idea of how it can be done by using a custom movement.

I'm sure there are better ways of doing it, but this is the way I did it without planning beforehand.

Flappy Bird.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, pretty simple really. This is a great start and thanks again for the nice example!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never played flappy bird, but I believe an "impulse" with physics engine when screen is clicked would be appropriate? Physics engine might require more performance tough.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just be aware that Apply Impulse may behave differently to Android than on Windows (see bug #1221).
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello...I detect this diffent impulse between exporters too....when it will be solved?

Best regards

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    flappy bird definitely did not use BOX2D.. it's just a really simple up/down gravity movement.. physics is not the solution to everything.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flappy Bird?

Yeah, lol, flappy bird isn't that complicated, you could make it in an hour :-) just read into X and Y co-ordinates, use a value that you always add 1 to, and add that value to it's Y co-ordinate so it falls faster and faster, then set that value to a negative number when the user taps.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I mentioned it is because it might be funnier with box2d if you don't want to make an exact copy of flappy bird (like 2000 other people) but maybe add some original elements as well. Box2d would be a very simple way to implement extra elements.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slam jack, that's a great idea in my opinion. You could some great effects and so forth using the new physics engine and movements. I'm going to give it a shot.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast