This is the first time I publish a beta of the HTML5 runtime like this, we will see this is a good idea.
I have made public a test version of Build 281.3 of the HTML5 Exporter.
- Make a backup of your data\runtime\HTML5 directory (one never knows)
- Download this file
- Extract its content in your data\runtime\HTML5 directory, replacing all the conflicting files
It should work as the previous version, only better. List of corrections in this version :
- Preloader (image and frame) now work.
- In this version, all the data of the application is loaded at start (like a Flash app) : no waiting time between frame. This is a new property of the editor (checked by default), to come with the official build
- A small non-intrusive preloader is displayed when you have not selected any preloader, so that one knows that something is happening (as for Flash)
- Rope and Chain object : a call to Climb Up or Climb Down less than two seconds after Detaching the object could crash or induce later crashes
- Physics Movements : objects with a physic movement could crash when they were destroyed
- Firefox : Set sample volume and Set channel volume had little or no effect
- Image preloader : R and G values of the colors were inverted
- Virtual joystick not displayed anymore under Windows or Mac
- on iOS : sounds now work fine
- on iOS : new property "Enable sounds after load", forcing the game to wait for a user touch on the screen to play a silent sound that will enable the sounds on iOS. In this beta version, it is enabled by default : you will have to touch the screen after the preloader to load the sounds
- Games included in an iframe now automatically have keyboard focus (you had to click on the frame for the keys to work in the game)
- Active Picture object : loading a picture from a server crashed
- Active Picture object : the resize property was not taken into account when loading a picture from an action
- Active Picture object : image was never smoothed, whatever the settings of the "Resize" property
- Set Frame Rate storyboard object action had no effect, and crashed in Final HTML5 project mode
- Combo Box object, List object, getting the current line after a Reset crashed
- Full Screen action now works fine (had weird effect before)
- Layer object : all the conditions involving an object (like is Object in front) crashed the application
- Active Picture object : none of the actions contained in the "Effect" menu changed anything to the object
- Angle, Angle(Object), Distance, Distance(Object) now approximates the values correctly and not to value -1
- For Each object : Max iteration expression returned the value + 1
- Virtual Joystick : general improvement of the use of the virtual joystick, makes easier to move an object
- At any time you can type the string "***version***" on your keyboard and it will display information about the version of the HTML5 exporter used to create the application.
If you face problems with this version, just restore your data\runtime\HTML5 directory as it was before.