Thread: ScreenZoom Example: Pinch to zoom

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb ScreenZoom Example: Pinch to zoom

Hi everybody!
    As promised here is an example file how to use Multitouch Pinching to zoom in/out using the ScreenZoom object.

There are two frames, one that shows a combined drag/drop scrolling with zooming + scroll-speed altering based on scale and one frame that just shows the very basics (if you have trouble understanding the first more advanced frame).

Limitations:
    When zooming in, you cant scroll entirely to the edges. This is a limitation that is pretty hard to work around.
    You might be able to do it manually by setting the layer position itself when it can't scroll any longer due to the frame edges.
    Attached files Attached files

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks...
    Of course I couldn't get it to work.. tried both examples in my program.
    What is it looking at? I only copied the controls on my frame (3 layers) and copied the 3-5 events in it.
    Will is resize EVERYTHING that's on the frame, or only specific items etc.
    in my game I am using 3 layers (1 = background , 2 = frame for the puzzles, 3 = everything else)
    and I added the component on 1 the background and also tried on layer 3 where I have all the buttons and active objects.

(here is an example of how I have the frames http://community.clickteam.com/threads/85243-Auto-fill-part-of-grid?p=623281&viewfull=1#post623281)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will only work when you run it on you iOS device. The windows runtime doesn't support the ScreenZoom or multi-touch objects yet.

If you look closely at the events, it also shows that it's scaling the layer named "ScaleLayer". So anything on the layer named that would be scaled. If you want everything to be scaled (all your layers at once), use the Scale screen action of the ScreenZoom object instead.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is for IOS. I might have saved the example to save in filesize. But yes it's for IOS otherwise.

Guess I did not see the "scalelayer" part. have to look when i get home then.
    thought I didn't see any arrows that something was missing... but it was late

The Scale screen Action, was that also in the example ?

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, I see the layer thing, so I updated my code with it and gave some of my layers a name...
    But nothing happens lol.
    Does it matter how the layers are setup ?
    Layer1
    Layer2
    Layer3
    And I have the code set for Layer 2

Tried a lot of times, but a pain to keep going back and forth between PC<-->mac<-->Ipad lol

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, I cannot get this to work in my own app..
    my app has 2 layers, and 1 of them is called ScaleLayer (like in the example)
    I copied over the code from the example into my app, but it's not working..
    What is the trick ?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any chance I can see what you are doing to figure out what isn't working right?

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent you a PM with the original program

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any word on this ?? I even put in a bug report for it. since it looks like it was made with MMF 2 and MF 2.5 it doesn't
    also... what does "LaScale" stands for ? since I cannot find it as a Var anywhere...

Here is a link with both files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsyti4steig8lkd/zoom.rar

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check your iOS properties for your frame.
    Set the 'Touch mode' to 'Multi touch' instead of 'Single touch'

If you can't use two fingers then you can't pinch to zoom

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast