User Tag List

Thread: Steam version vs Cllickteam version, which one to buy?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steam version vs Cllickteam version, which one to buy?

Hi all

I want to buy Fusion 2.5 Developer with iOS exporter, but got confused which store to buy from? Steam or Clickteam?

I know that the Steam version can be installed on any machine that runs Steam client. But is that all about it? Ever thing else is the same?

Please advice.

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they are the same but not compatible in certain ways, like you cannot use exporters (and updates?) on this forum on your Steam version.

I honestly don't know why somebody would buy this from Steam, unless bragging to your friends about it is that important.

If you buy it directly you won't be dependent on Steam to run it, you would get updates first and you would be supporting Clickteam, as they would get 100% profit from your sale.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, I feel sorry for anyone who bought through steam.. they have to wait longer to get updates.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Steam users gets the updates at the same time CT releases new updates on forum. But Steam users can't install/test out beta updates, yet.

There's some pros and cons of owning the license of Steam, e.g. automatic updates installation and you don't have to remember your license details (all you need is your Steam account login).
    There's also plan to integrate CF2.5 with Steam's Workshop feature so you can share your projects and resources easily.

However there's some quirks which some may find it uncomfortable (e.g. if you open MFA on Explorer while CF2.5 on Steam is running, Steam will spout an error as Steam does not support launching two instances of apps at same time). And as others have mentioned, exporters license for both store and Steam version are different. You can't use exporters bought on Steam for CT version, and vice versa.

At this time I would suggest to buy through CT Store if you could. Steam might be best option if you have some dollars lying on your Steam Wallet to get some saving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK thanks everybody for your input and clarification.

I'll buy through CT store.

Best regards to all of you.