User Tag List

Thread: Toggle Flag this way not possible?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toggle Flag this way not possible?

I have a button where I want to set the status of a flag toggle.

I did

When button is clicked then
    - Set Global Value and I used the Expression editor to use flag1 from my object, with this : Flag( "Flag", 1 ) to 1

so it shows as

Set Global Value Flag( "Flag", 1 ) to 1

Isn't that suppose to set Flag1 to True for that object ?
    In the debugger nothing is happening, so I am guessing I am doing it wrong.
    But I don't see another way to set the toggle flag like that when I press the button

What is the correct way in this case then?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    basically what I am trying to accomplish is saving the status of a string. ie Strikeout or not.
    and save the status in an INI file. and when I reload it, then it should adjust the string.

I am able to get 1 part to work, but then when I click on the string, I can't get it normal. it stays in Strikeout mode.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not 100% sure to understand what you've done and why. Bit if you want to set a global value to the value of a flag, you can get the flag value (0 or 1) via expression editor.

If you want to toggle a global value (like a flag), you simply need to do
    Set global value A to "(global value A +1) mod 2"

If you want to toggle the Flag when you click on the button, simply toggle the value you want and then save it in your INI file (with the Get Flag Value function, or with the get global value function).

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. I got that, the problem is to Save that Flag setting, and then load the Flag setting
    I can only find for the flag settings , ON / OFF / TOGGLE.
    So if I save the status to an INI file, how do I load it back into it ? I tried the expression editor and used the formula above, but that makes it an Global Var.
    How do I set the Get Flag Value ?

Edit: Looked again, but I cannot find an option for "Get Flag Value"

Here is screen on what I am trying to do

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one works, but doing it with flag instead of a Global var, I can't get it to work for some reason

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, got the toggle to work fine in windows.. So when I click on the string, it will strikeout..
    Now when I do this on the Ipad, nothing happens.... at least... it doesn't change...
    is there a difference for that now ??

edit: for Android it doesn't work either..

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To set flags with a value (an expression), you can't yet sadly. I already reported this in the bugbox (as a feature request): http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/1596

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Set flag by expression, would be very useful! Requested 2 months ago:
    http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/156