User Tag List

Thread: I hope this is my last post realting to rope physics object help needed

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this is my last post realting to rope physics object help needed

all the demos I found apply energy (movement) to the rope with another object or gravity. I need to have a my character (which is finally working) be able to "swing" like you would on a playground swing. add energy through a left right motion that builds from a zero state and if motion is not applied it settles to that zero state. I tried adding impulse but as soon as I begin applying force in the opposite direction the character comes off the rope when I "turn" then the rope goes screwey nto moving in a way expected. I will admit having a little trouble understanding the physics.

What do I need to do to just nudge the rope and continue building energy for the movement?

DC

EDIT: I should menttion the character is not normally a pshysics object I am shifting it to that movement only while on the rope. For whatever reason I was not able to use the platform physics I am instead using the static physic movement.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See the tutorial made by "Sanil On" on youtube discussing making physics platform.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Think i may be on to the solution myself actully, one quick question is there a way to get which element is being currently effected as a value?
    EDIT: never mind I think I got it.