User Tag List

Thread: Which is faster?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is faster?

I am wondering about what is faster between an event checking if something is greater then the object width of an object vs storing the object width in a value once and then checking against that value? From what i understand the "object width" condition is new in fusion?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In MMF2 you could calculate Object Width by deducting Left X from Right X of object and storing it in value.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You had to mention it for me to notice these new expressions for the Active object: Width and Height. Since they are built-in, I guess that using these new expressions directly in calculations don't have much impact. But indeed, one can think that if the size of the said object never changes, it might be more efficient to calculate the size once, store it in a value, and just use that value in further calculations.

I would say that between the two methods, there's very little difference, if any at all.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to point out though that the height and width expressions are bugged in flash, i have made an entry in the bugbox for it: http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/1619