User Tag List

Thread: Instructions/tutorials

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instructions/tutorials

Hi, I really want to learn how to use every module in fusion. I don't understand things like, flags, Alterable values/strings, fastloops etc.

Is there somewhere than can tell me exactly what they do and examples of how they can be used. I know there is a tutorial section but that's more for things like platform movements specifically.

Thanks in advance.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flag off - Do this
    Flag on - Do something else.

Alt. Value A = 0 - do nothing
    alt value A = 1 - do something
    alt. value A = 2 - do something other than something else

I don't know wheat to explain here. All you do is when the alt. values are a certain #, or flags are on or off, you tell them to do whatever you want the program to do.

For fast loops, when a fast loop is in play, it basically 'pauses' the application of everything else until the fast loop is over for that many times you want it the loop.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ok, simple as that? I will have to tinker around with it all so I can have a better understanding on when to use them etc.

Thanks N64Mario.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried the free tutorials on the clickteam website under the "Support" tab? Doing a few of those should help get you started.

Essentially, alterable or global values (more commonly known as 'variables' in programming language) are basically containers to store data, in the case of Fusion, they store numbers. Alterable strings store text.

You can use alterable values to control things. For example, take a players health. You can rename Alterable Value A of the hero object to 'Health' and give it a value of 10. Then whenever the hero gets hurt, you subtract 1 from 'Health'.
    Then you write a line that says, "If 'Health' = 0 >then> Hero loses a life". That's essentially how you use them, it's very easy once you've tried them out.
    Flags are similar but they are only ever on or off, and like N64Mario said, you tell the game to do something different based upon whether they are on or off.
    Don't worry about Fastloops until you are a bit more experienced. However, you can also find a tutorial on using Fastloops in the free Clickteam tutorials, linked here.

Take a look through those tutorials and give a few a go. If you want to spend a small amount of money, one of the Clickteam developers has made a really great video tutorial that will save you doing the free tutorials. Free tutorials are great, but you will find yourself going over the same things over and over. I would recommend doing Danny's video tutorial, then going back to the free tutorials and reading some of the guides like saving with the 'ini object' and 'how to use fastloops' to fill in your knowledge gaps.
    Danny will also answer your questions if you do his course.

Also, a string just means text.

Have fun

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew most of that, and even though that wasn't for me, I always appreciate detailed answers and people taking the time to give them. Soooo... Thanks Simflare!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mr_mercury06uk. Have you seen the open source examples on my site? Just about everything is covered.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm