User Tag List

Thread: Physics tutorial

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Physics tutorial

Hello there folks! I was hoping some people could help me learn how to use the new Physics engine! I have two specific questions.

1) How do I use the event editor to influence the direction of a physics based object? Such as a cannon firing a round off and being able to aim and fire in other directions?

2) I'd like to learn how to make a large slingshot like in Angry Birds which can influence the velocity of its ammo.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello my friend,

1 - It depends of a method that you will use....I'm doing something like this in my current project. You can create a cannon object...set the mode that it will aim (using keyboard or using mouse pointer position for example)...then..when you do the fire action...you will create a physics bouncing ball object (with gravity 0 if you dont want a bullet dropdown) in position of your cannon and set the angle to the angle of this cannon.....this is the method that I'm using...but there's a lot of methods.

2 - Isn't hard....you just need some expressions to calculate the more you pull the slingshot, greater will be the value of the impulse on the object......so....you will just need to apply a impulse on the opposite direction of your pull...and box2d will do the rest....(of course you will set the gravity, density, and so on of your object)

There's a lot of tutorials and examples in community...do a little search and you will find it.

Best regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, well when I tried to set the angle of the object being created to the direction of the cannon, it wouldn't effect the bouncing ball object. I'll take another look at it though.

Could you provide me with an example of one of these tutorials? I actually did do a little search and came up with nothing. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Thanks for your help, thus far!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Don't forget to check the box "fixed angle" on the movement tab of your physics bouncing ball object

- http://community.clickteam.com/threads/82672-F2-5-Tutorials-and-examples

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much! You were extremely helpful! I love this community.