User Tag List

Thread: detect screen orientation

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

detect screen orientation

Hey,
    Just got the Android Exporter a few days ago and am trying to come to grasp with everything......whew!

I would like to is there no way to detect when the screen orientation has changed? I want to know if there is a way to detect this so that I can reposition objects when switching from landscape to portrait

I assume this can be done somehow with the Accelerometer object but is there no condition to test for this?

Thanx
    Gerald

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think the android object has this functionality.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that was my first thought but if it does is I am completely missing it.....

The only way I have been able to do what I want (so far) is to use the Accelerometer object and then toggle an objects flag and set the objects position based on the current stats of the flag...
    this doesn't feel like a good use of the Accelerometer object, especially after reading this :

Please note that the accelerometer hardware drains the battery of the device, and it is a good practice to turn it on only when necessary. The accelerometers are turned on when an Accelerometer objet is present in the frame, at start of frame.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    hmm... I am almost certain it exists somewhere... did you check out the mobile utilities extension?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not know what the mobile utilities extension was until I checked in the Extension Manager to discover that extension is for Developer version only (I don't have developer version yet (: )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what can you use in Android to do this? The Mobile Utilities seem to be IOS only.

Thanks in advance for any help with this. I thought I saw it somewhere as well but couldn't tell you where right now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I found it. The Accelerometer object can do it. You can even test for orientation. For me portrait = 0 and landscape = 3 no matter which way it was landscaped. Hope this helps...