User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta 281.3

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the one I've been waiting for; great fix! Thanks FVivolo! My game no longer crashes so I've just done my first submission to OUYA... :-D

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Thanks Fernando, I had missed this post - will try it out over lunch
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pradeep, i just tested your example and is working correctly here with this version.

what are you doing there, don´t forget to uncheck the "use system default font" in android properties.

BTW you are using multiline, could it be that in the file you are saving also the carry return character and that why is not the same.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am interested in the discussion about the INI. I feel the new model is much more powerful, but I would like to know more about how to keep saved data from my app saved on versions created by the previous versions of the exporter - on my testing, I just lost all saved inis from my previous game version. I can't attend to this conversation you set on chat about it, Fernando, but I'd love to know the results.

I believe this INI model aill evantually come to the iOS exporter as well, right?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome work as always Fernando!
    The only thing I can think of that would be nice is the ability to still read the old xml files. This way the game can transfer the data from them to the new ini model.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most my retesting is looking good. The only areas I'm still noticing problems with is the physics. Not sure if the values are lining up with how things behave in the Windows runtime (will have to check further) but one area I use a lot that is still broken is the apply impulse. Good to see so many fixes and thanks for creating an unofficial release to play with.
    Andy H @ ovine.net

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I understand what the deal is with the change to the INI. I've just built my game which I have on the Google Play store. I use it to store some settings and also the high scores.

With this build all my high scores and settings are gone. While the app is running, any new high scores or setting changes are remembered. When I quit the app (and stop it running), then restart it afresh, all high scores and settings are cleared again.

I am specifying just the INI file name in the ini object so that it defaults to the appropriate default storage location (Windows 8 this is C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\MMFApplications, iOS this is the safe data location). In the previous build this worked on Android. Can you fix this before the update becomes official?
    Andy H @ ovine.net

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    AndyH

that is the way it work if you don´t set any path for the INI or hi-score are saved inside the data folder.

tested and work here, but again the hi-score will be reseted.

BiznessMan

i will be in the chat this afternoon EST to heard to chat about this point.

forgot this goes for Chokito and all interested too
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully bump into you there then. But there is a difference between the builds...This app was built with the current official release, it remembers the contents of the ini file (if I restart the device or kill the app from running). With the new build installed the INI data is lost each time it runs afresh - I wonder if it is because I already have the old INI data on the device?

EDIT: But thinking about the other problem, we will need some way to import the old data - ideally without us knowing about it. EG: If using the new INI Fusion does not find the new format but does find the old format, do a one time conversion on the device and then read/write from/to the new format as normal going forward. If I can't keep the INI data from the previous version I will have a lot of unhappy players.
    Andy H @ ovine.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard you had some trouble joining the chat Fernando, anyway what would be the preferred option is to change the ini object to also read the old kind of data if it's present, and just convert it to the new system. Otherwise it's a very annoying gap for us.

I have however already started preparing for the doom of my users ini files by changing everything to array, and storing with both array and ini simultaneously for the current update, then at some point when almost all of my users have updated to a array compatible version, i could finally update the android exporter. Some users missing the intermediate update will however lose data, perhaps even from in-app purchases, so it would be much better if the ini object get's another update to read and convert previous data.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast