User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WebSockets Extension prerelease

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WebSockets Extension prerelease

I created a quick WebSockets Extension,

It implements the most basic functions of WebSockets into the HTML5 runtime,
    I used Node.js as a backend to test functionality, and it ran all right for me,
    Tested it on FireFox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer 10/11.

WebSockets are just normal TCP sockets, except used natively by the browser, and invoked via JavaScript.
    Pretty useful for realtime applications, like games, chat, anything really, but its a separate standard from normal sockets,
    If you work on the low-level end, you could probably get it to function with any socket software, with a bit of jury rigging.

Usage is very simple, open a socket, get a good connection, send and receive messages, all triggered events.

Grab it off my github >here<
    with instructions to install, and remember, this is a very basic implementation, and its also a pre-release.

Oh yeah, typo in the JSON, leaving the port at 0 when creating a new socket just defaults to port 80.

Let me know bugs and whatnot, or feature requests.
    Really named Ben Otter, but oh well, eh?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    YES! This is great!
    Well done.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi DracisLooby and all clickers! This extension not working for me! I installed this extension as written in README file, but in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 this extension not contained action on the event editor! Help me please, maybe I not right doing!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi
    I am very positive to the nature of this object, however, although the extension shows up using the extension manager, It only appears to be inserted if you choose the build type to be a windows application. It doesn't show up to be inserted in a html5 application unless you choose your application to be a windows exe and then change it to be a html application after inserting the extension. In all the cases the extension is inserted, no other function than count, debugger, destroy is available.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ham! Me have this issue to, but in HTML5 runtime this extension available!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WebSockets Extension prerelease

My bad, I pushed messed up JSON settings, it's been fixed on my Development branch,

I'll merge with Master and get that, and a few more fixes and features, pushed right away,

Sorry for the mistake.

EDIT: Alright, good, merged and updated master and release,
    get it at my original link, or grab it from here.
    Really named Ben Otter, but oh well, eh?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ,

This looks good. I haven't tried the functions yet but It would be nice if channels could be choosen on the socket without need to any custom server.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi DracisLooby and all clickers! Thanks for fixed this issue! I not testing working on this, but into Clickteam Fusion 2.5 extension now show to actions, event and expressions!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this! Just one question, can you recommend any WebSocket server software that works with this?

Feature Request: If it was possible to have another extension (for the PC runtime) that could host WebSockets for Fusion, that would be even better!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for a webSocket Server extension. This is something ive wanted for a long time but thought I was alone so didnt see the point in requesting. Being able to host WebSockets would be amazing.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast