User Tag List

Thread: Event lines with non existent objects?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Event lines with non existent objects?

Something I have often wondered about. If you have a lot of event lines with objects that does not exist in the frame does that affect the performance in any way or are those event lines just ignored? How about objects that are supposed to be affected in an action for a event?

What happens behind the scenes for example if you have an event line that checks the value of an object but that object does not currently exist in the frame?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It would void the event...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not understand that Danny?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Danny slightly misunderstood the question. (or maybe I have)

clearer example:

Condition
    on button push
    Actions
    object 1 - set value A to 1
    object 2 - set value A to 1
    object 3 - set value A to 1
    object 4 - set value A to 1
    object 5 - set value A to 1
    object 6 - set value A to 1
    etc.

now, if none of those objects are created, is it faster than if they were? or does Fusion still check through each and every object and attempt to set the value no matter what?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe I did misunderstand. I thought you meant events copied from another MFA with missing objects...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes like DaveC explained. But also if there would actually be a performance difference if you would for example place that event in a group and deactivate it if those objects are not in the frame. Or if that is just a waste of time because the event will not even carry out if the object is not present (I ask for both the condition object (the button) and the object 1-6)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ah, well deactivating an event line means it won't be included in the build, even when testing, it just doesn't include it at all.

On your initial point, it will only iterate through the condition to the point where something becomes invalid and doesn't meet the condition. So if you take DaveC's example above and all the objects where included and had all their AltVALA's set to 1 and let's say Object3 wasn't in the frame then it would do this:

Condition
    on button push
    Actions
    object 1 - set value A to 1 (Parse)
    object 2 - set value A to 1 (Parse)
    object 3 - set value A to 1 (Skip)
    object 4 - set value A to 1 (Parse)
    object 5 - set value A to 1 (Parse)
    object 6 - set value A to 1 (Parse)

It would still parse the actions and just skip over those that weren't applicable.

IF, however you had Object3 in a condition and it wasn't around, then I revert back to my original statement and it would void the event.

So, same scenario as above and Object3 is missing:

Condition
    object 1 - value A = to 1 (Parse)
    object 2 - value A = to 1 (Parse)
    object 3 - value A = to 1 (Stop)
    object 4 - value A = to 1
    object 5 - value A = to 1
    object 6 - value A = to 1
    Actions
    Do Something

It would just stop parsing the event at Object3 because it has failed the condition checking.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is great to know, i assumed/hoped that's what it would do.
    Optimization is often critical when it comes to loops, i read somewhere you should optimize by putting loops in disabled groups, but does that really help at all?
    And with what mentioned above, if you have a non-existent object as the first (2nd) condition on a loop, i suppose it still takes some time just to skip it on each loop.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But what about if (just theoretical to make a point) I have 1000 conditions for "button pushed" and that button is not currently in the frame? Would those conditions still need to be "looked at" and i would be better off in performance to have put those 1000 events in a group and disabled it when the button is currently not existing and just activate the group again when the button do exist? Or is checking that condition with just one condition and seeing the button is not pushed (because it does not exist) so fast it would not be any difference?