User Tag List

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I need help with Flashplayer and GetWindowDomain.

  1. #1
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Ave France
    Posts
    1,118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I need help with Flashplayer and GetWindowDomain.

    Hi Everyone.

    I've got a tricky situation with GetWindowDomain.

    The trick is the ACTUAL domain for my webhosting is one thing, EX. "REALDOMAIN", but I've got subfolders hosted on that domain, which are linked to other domain names!

    So when you type "THISDOMAIN.com" you're actually getting a website from "REALDOMAIN/THISDOMAIN", but the browsers etc display it as just "THISDOMAIN.com"

    Just using GetWindowDomain="THISDOMAIN.com" works perfectly in Firefox and Chrome, but Internet Explorer returns a false and therefore my game wont work on Internet Explorer.

    I tried allowing for both GetWindowDomain="THISDOMAIN.com" AND GetWindowDomain="REALDOMAIN.com" to see if Explorer would then return a positive but it returns a negative for both.

    any ideas?
    thanks

  2. #2
    Clickteam Clickteam
    Olivier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure to understand how you have setup your host/website. But you could try using the Flash Player object's expression GetDomain instead of GetWindowDomain.

    GetDomain = window.location = returns the domain which is hosting the SWF file
    GetWindowDomain = window.top.location = returns the domain which is embedding the SWF file

    As a quick test, try to output both expressions in String objects to see the difference.

  3. #3
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Ave France
    Posts
    1,118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Olivier,

    Thats exactly what I did, I put a text object on my splash screen and set it to the window domain. All browsers exept Explorer (no surprise there) properly return the domain page, but Explorer returns nothing...meaning "".

    thanks for the suggestion.

    About my hosting provider...they allow me to purchase domains, and have them direct to sub folders in the one hosting account. So, you go to DOMAIN1.com or DOMAIN2.com and they work fine, and show those domain names in the URL bar, but in actuality, they are in subfolders in ALLMYDOMAINS.com such as ALLMYDOMAINS.com/DOMAIN1 etc.

    I hope that makes sense... anyway, all modern browsers react fine with it, just not Explorer.

    cheer,
    Mike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •