User Tag List

Thread: OpenGL ES 1.1 or 2.0?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OpenGL ES 1.1 or 2.0?

Hello,

Just for curiously, is there any difference between these versions? The OpenGL 1.1 is more fast, I noticed this, but if the 1.1 is more "efficient", which reasons justify the use of the OpenGL 2.2?

Thank you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also wondered this.
    I just experiment with building with 1.1 and 2.0 with each app/game i'm making, and see what gives the best performance.
    I've noticed 1.1 has given the best performance in my latest project (+10fps) compared to 2.0

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame we can't use OGLEs Shaders
    From what I have read OpenGL ES 2 is supported from Andoid 2.2 which is the minimum build you can perform on the Android exporter. So as we are now into KitKat (Android 4.4) With OGL ES 3 built in; I see no reason not to use it. I really pine for shaders to be available in Android though..

If you want your game to be as widely compatible as possible then use version 1 (this could also be related to IOS as well)

It's not so much for 3d mesh as we all know Fusion doesn't really do that (yet) but for the need of a hardware accelerated environment so as to push GFX around as efficiently as possible.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need 2.0 in order to get effects like Monochrome and Inverse.