User Tag List

Thread: Bug with iOS Exporter

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Bug with iOS Exporter

Whenever I try to run in the iOS simulator using the iOS Option "Display = Adjust window size" I get nothing but a black screen.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like more of a bug with the simulator than the exporter (that is, if when testing on an actual device it works) the simulator is awful.. no need to use it.. if you don't have an actual device to test on.. you won't have any indication of whether or not your game works correctly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an iPod Touch, iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPhone 5S but no 4S sized display device. Need to test on that but the simulator doesn't show anything in any modes.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emu doesn't work for that very well... get a lot of black screens.... since you did Ipod Touch and ipad mini, the 4S will be ok since it's the same size except smaller then the ipad mini.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll just buy a 4S unlocked. I need to test on 640x960 and none of my devices go to the old ratio.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith I get this on the first load. You just need to sit and wait for a bit for the simulator is fully loaded. may take a couple of minutes, but it works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JHale still get a black screen after waiting. It never catches up. I do get the Game Center login however but nothing else.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's because the Emu doesn't work for the 4S...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Does this happen for all apps (even blank new ones)?
    I cannot reproduce this bug when trying all the different simulators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Anders. I've reset the simulator too. I'm running the latest and greatest:

Xcode 5.1 (5B130a)
    MMF 2.5 Build 281.2
    Windows 8.1 in Parallels
    OS X 10.9.2

I noticed that in projects where the Border Color is Black I see nothing but black and white nothing but white.

I hear the sound.

Here is a project that I created from scratch to see if it failed:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0Simulator.zip \

Happy to WebEx etc. to help you troubleshoot.