User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Extension] FGL Ads

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well done Pharanygitis! I didn't get a chance to try your extension yet, but I'll do soon.

I think that Francois is currently writing an FGL Ads extension for HTML5. I don't know if he is doing the same for Flash. From what I understand, both APIs are different (?). I have asked the question in this thread, but I didn't get any answer from François or Clickteam yet.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Pharanygitis! Congrats for that, and thanks for all the great work you've done in integrating several services with the MMF Flash runtime!

I downloaded your FGL extension and, from what I understand, it only allows fullscreen ads, is that right? Is there a way to show just a small banner?

Furthermore, is there a way to decide when to hide the ad (as we did with Mochi using a "Hide Ad" action)? I have my whole game in a single MMF frame, so an interlevel ad would effectively need to be called in and out through events... Is that possible?

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I have patched the Extension (download the new version on my extension-page). I have add all features from the API.

FGL-Ads has only two AD-Formats:
    FORMAT_300x250
    and
    FORMAT_90x90

Now you can hide and show ads !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo, Pharanys, thanks! Man, you're the GOD of Flash monetization in MMF!

I couldn't see the new options, though! I tried opening in MMF Dev 2.0 and it looked the same as before. Then I tried installing the new version in Fusion 2.5, just to check it maybe the new features weren't compatible with MMF 2.0, but it seems Fusion don't identify the extension at all, so I can't open the examples either.

Checking into the 7zip file containing the extension in your download page, I see that the examples folder has a April, 4th date, while the extension and data folders are from March, 26th. Specifically the file Data/Runtime/Flash/FGLAds.zip/Extensions/FGLAds.as is showing a date of March, 26th. Is it possible that the download package needs a fix, or am I unable to install the new version to MMF2 and Fusion due to some problem on my side?

Thanks again for the amazing volunteer support, man! Seriously!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pardon my ignorance everyone, but some questions>

How do I get a game ID from FGL? Do I need to UPLOAD my game to THEIR side, remove any other (NON FGL) ads and basically put the game up for sale/ and or "sponsoring" on their site to get a game id?

Thanks,
    Mike

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm confused, how can I upload a flash game to get a game ID, with FGL ads already in it if I need to upload the game FIRST to get the game ID in the first place?
    Please help me understand.

thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Brashmonkey! Long time no talk! How are you?

I understand your drama, these sites are all really confusing! However, you just need to create a dev account in FGL and find a place that says "Create Ad Code" (you don't even have to create a game profile to do that). They'll generate a code snippet that can be open in wordpad that will contain the code that you need to paste when connecting with FGL through Pharanys' extension.

FGL used to work solely with game sponsorships (someone sees your game, bids and buys some sort of license from you), and only recently started supporting in game ads, which is a totally different, non-dependent thing. That's why their whole site focuses on explaining how sponsorship works, and has virtually no info on in-game ad monetization.

Anyway, once Phanarys answers, I'll be able to test an implementation of that myself and post additional info here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the option to get a "token" on the FGL page...which seemed to work as the game ID. I found it here.. NOT easy to find : https://www.fgl.com/fglad_manager.php

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi NecroLuigo,

Thanks for helping out. I did figure it out it would seem, BUT even though I have my splash screen set up to initiate the ad, then display it once ready, it only does so once, and then never agaon once closed....like the game is only allowed to display the ad once and never again.. can anyone confirm this.. according to the code, it should display an ad every time the player goes back to the main menu/splash screen...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast