User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: setup a lacewing server

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would recommend setting up pylacewing on your cent os, there are however a few steps involed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pylacewing has a few security flaws, but it is much faster than Windows for server usage.
    But if you want a Windows OS, try Windows Server 2008 R2. It's closest to 7.
    Contact Villy for the most recent pylacewing source, in case he made changes for his ledev.org server. If you're lucky (the server's been down for a while), you'll get it working properly.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not done any changes to it (maybe Mathias did, but the only issue found is that in some rare cases it is possible to crash it, I think that might have been you experimenting, it hasn't happen for ever).

ledev.org got domainsharked after we forgot to renew it, server is still up on villy.net, I have mentioned so in a couple of threads

The pylacewing server I host will be up until 2015 and probably longer.
    Jean Villy Edberg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK i finally got my windows vps server, i took 2008 R2.

But when i try to run the app it says:
    Cannot load LacewingServer.mfx. This object might need an external program or library not yet installed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ensure that the LacewingServer extension is located in both the runtime and extension folders for MMF and then rebuild the EXE. See if it works then.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is in both, it works fine on my pc, the error only appears when i run the built exe on the server.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I installed some apllication server role, that installed net framework and whatnots, now the application works.

Now I have another problem I run the app on the server, host it, no problems, but i cannot connect to it.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you able to connect to it from the server itself via localhost? What do websites see your server's external IP as? http://www.LB-Stuff.com/IP.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am able to connect to it from the server itself. The server's external IP is the same.

Maybe a firewall issue then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the firewall. It finally works

Now just to settle with my VPS provider, why they give me a server that crashes on a daily basis.

But anyways thank you guys very much for helping me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast