User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My app doesn't show on the google play store?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My app doesn't show on the google play store?

Hey all

I published my android app yesterday. It shows on the google play store using the link from the dev center. However if i search on the store or try to find it any other way then it doesn't show. What gives?

I read something about android manifest files but from what i understand you don't need to use those.

edit: well, if you search by company name OR the name (excluding a space) it finds it. bit of a pain though. Maybe I need to add an underscore to the package name in 2.5.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go into the Store Listing for your app you can edit a lot of information here, including the title. That will help with the space in between.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The strange thing is it's already got a space in the title on that page =/

After you search and find it, the game shows and the name/company name has a space.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I published an Android app yesterday and i'm in the same situation as you. I guess it all comes down to waiting a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah glad it's not just me then. First time i published on the google play store and a bit new to it all. Found it much easier than the IOS store though , although i'm kinda hoping my app will show it the new section etc to get some exposure.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm months I've published an app and you do not see yet. only if I search for the name of the developer comes out ..: (I think you have from what I have heard of paying to advertise restaurants et ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm so how do people find your apps? I always assumed Google play store was better than IOS store.. but i got a good 90 downloads on first day with IOS and from what i see on google play, only a few downloads so far.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I published an App on GPlay store yesterday and it was available within an hour...

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my games (sky is falling) was on Google play for over a year and it was impossible to find it using those words. Google plays search can be very weak compared to apples when you type in your apps full title.

I raised a support ticket with Google and they said 'sky', 'is' and 'falling' were common words and they went on to talk about advertising being another reason.

In recent months my game does come up when I search using those words so they have improved, but the way play works it won't necessarily bring back your game if it's title contains general words. I tend to pick names for my games that contain unusual words and that works pretty well (so far). For example Toots the turtle appeared at the top of the results after a day of being released.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wrote a huge post on that a while back AndyH, can't remember where it is but a forum search might bring it up.

The Google App Store algorithm is weak. Very weak. It's not something that is top of Google's list either. It's just a basic algorithm (imagine Google's SERP Algorithm back in 2001). They update their caches quite often but the algorithm isn't re-applied to provide a reshuffle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast