User Tag List

Thread: New to Fusion 2.5 Developer

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Fusion 2.5 Developer

Hey there,

I recently bought a copy of Fusion 2.5 Developer - and just have a few questions for the community.
    These are all pretty random, so I apologize in advance

A) I noticed there is an extensive library of graphics/sounds that came with my copy of Fusion - also, there is the "resources" section of the clickteam website that has a ton of graphics/sounds as well...
    Is this content free to use? Specifically, if I find some content that I would like to use in my application (that I plan on selling), can I legally do this?
    I couldn't find anything on the website or in the manual that talks about the licensing for the graphic/sound content that comes bundled with the software. Just want to make sure

B) I've spent the past day reading through the manual that comes with the program - It talks a bit about the various objects and their associated properties, but doesnt really go into great detail.
    Can any of you recommend a good resource for learning more about this stuff - maybe an awesome tutorial website, or someone with a youtube channel that does video tutorials? Any guidance would help.

C) I've made a couple really small/basic applications to try and start getting familiar with the UI and functionality of Fusion 2.5..
    One thing that I would love to know how to do already is the ability to create a scalable screen size.. Like, have the content reformat itself for whatever screensize it is playing on, while still keeping the content in the same relative layout on the actual frame... Any thoughts?

I'm sure you guys will see A LOT more of me - I'm full of questions, and will continue to gain more questions as I gain more knowledge in the program.
    Anyway, I apologize in again for the n00b questions!

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome my friend.

a) Yes, you can use as you wish.

b) Just keep going, keep reading and learning, do some tutorials from Fusion help or from here: http://www.clickteam.com/tutorials
    When you want some specific engine, you can search on Marvin stuffs: http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Best regards

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    c) I achieved this sort of "scalable screen size" before, although only for the Windows Export.

You can achieve that by using the Window Control Object that comes from the extension pack / manager.
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add information from BartekB post:

c) Please, read this, made by DistantJ, this topic will teach you how to make a universal application and understand the scale options: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/74189-Scaling-for-iPhone-5-and-iPad-HOW-TO-DO-IT-RIGHT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    coreyschroeder,

Don't forget to add your product serial number to you community profile, then you will get access to some others sub-forums.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This also has some great Fusion 2.5 info:

http://community.clickteam.com/forums/358-Clickteam-Guides-Tutorials-and-Examples

Snail also has a great video channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/snailingit

For the most part with the programs -- Once you know the basics the rest will become clear
    So just learn how to make the easy games and stuff in the tutorials and it will all click together.
    Then when you ready to take on more complex tasks just think what you want to do and for the most part it will become clear by looking at the objects and checking out the example files.