I tried to make something through coding before I moved to Fusion.. A simple program that strings together samples of music to make a bigger whole. Unfortunately, the timing was always slightly off, causing a disturbingly flawed rhythm.
Now I'm trying it again with Fusion. I thought I finally had it when it sounded perfectly in Windows runtime. But when I built the app to my phone (Galaxy S Advance), I had exactly the same issue. The beats followed each other much slower than in Windows runtime.
I am now convinced that this is a performance problem I need to resolve. This is what I have tried so far. None if it seemed to make any difference.
- Tried different formats (mp3, wav, ogg)
- Compressed sound before building the apk
- Artificially sped up the beat in order to compensate the delay. Didn't solve the issue, because the rhythm isn't just slower, but also very inconsistent (too fast, then too slow again)
- Set OpenGL as required hardware in the Android Options
- Ticked "require GPU" under Android Options
- Ticked "compress sounds" under Settings
I have such a fun and creative idea for an app but have been struggling with this problem for almost a year now. I hope I'm not trying something impossible here. Does anyone have a solution in mind?