User Tag List

Thread: Option: Switch Touch Joystick to D-Pad (ios, android)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Option: Switch Touch Joystick to D-Pad (ios, android)

Hey Clickteam

Are you guys working on an option to switch the Touch Joystick (ios, android) to a simple Up - Down - Left - Right D-Pad?
    There are games where a touch joystick is great (flight games, etc.) But sometimes you just want to have a classic, Nes
    D-Pad.

I know there are D-Pad multitouch examples. But for some old games, where I am using the Touch Joystick I would love to
    switch to a D-Pad

Thank you

jot

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Touch joystick to d-pad

Any news about this topic? Switching the touch joystick to a 4 direction (up, down, left, right) dpad?

I made a little fake screenshot of what I am talking about. This would really, really, really,....., really be fantastic!

dpadoption.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that would be a super cool feature!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjot View Post
    Any news about this topic? Switching the touch joystick to a 4 direction (up, down, left, right) dpad?

I made a little fake screenshot of what I am talking about. This would really, really, really,....., really be fantastic!

dpadoption.jpg
    THIS is a must too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I┤m glad that others thing the same But to be honest, I have no idea how much work it might be for clickteam. I hope it┤s not too much for I got 2 "old" projects which i really would switch from touch joystick to 4 direction joypad.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there any reason you can't just make your own custom D-Pad? if you're creating a custom movement it's never a problem, however some of the built in movements are kind of hard to work with on iOS if you're using a custom D-Pad. There is an Android extension coming soon (in beta) that allows you to create virtual inputs so it's super easy to make a D-Pad compatible with every built in movement (and of course any custom movement) so maybe CT can just take that same concept from the Android runtime and put that into the iOS runtime.

see attached a super simple custom D-Pad that should work perfectly on all runtimes.

Custom 8DPad.mfa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Dave. I know that. You have helped me once with it - thx again!!!
    But Still there are many old games WITH the joystick in heavy use around. It would be a ton of work to switch all those games to the custom dpad system.
    I totally see your point and for all new clickers this is not so important and the custom dpad example works perfectly.
    But as mentioned - for a lot of older games from the ancient years ^^ it would be sooo cool.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 I'd love to see this feature added too.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just wanna ask, how would i do this for a platform game?