User Tag List

Thread: Can someone explain this? (Inbuilt detection)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Can someone explain this? (Inbuilt detection)

Could someone explain the logic behind this? I am trying to make some buttons that have an inbuilt "collision detection" that is smaller then the regular object. I have attached an example.
    I would like to be able to use the regular "mouse over" condition, but that does not seem to work. The alternative is to use an invisible active always at the position of the mouse, but while that works, i dont understand the logic behind the condition order that needs to be in order for it to work? In the example there are 3 different condition that to my mind should all work, but just one of them is working. You can deactivate/activate one of the lines to test out. Why is only the last one working, but the same event with the reverse object order is not? And is there any way to make this work with mouse over without having to use an invisible active?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mouse over condition changes the counter to 1 when I deactivate the other two lines and delete the active object. Isn't that what you want to happen?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should only display 1 when close to the center where the actual collision point is. Open the object and look at the direction up. That is the point of the example, to have an inbuilt smaller detection area.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I see what you mean now! Fairly new to Fusion so probably can't help, but I don't understand the relevance of the up animation. I see its a smaller box, but you have two Always events, one at the beginning to set it to direction up, and one at the end to set it to direction right. Surely its just going to act on the last Always event for that object, so the smaller animation box is never considered in the events or collisions?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jaytek: You can read more about inbuilt collision detection here: http://www.diybandits.com.au/MMF/tut...embedded1.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOAH! Mind blown! I had no idea about this! Thanks for the info, this is definitely going to be useful.