User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Resizing the correct way

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you look at this size-chart of the various iOS devices in screen resolution you might get the idea:
    http://www.andersriggelsen.dk/clickt...s_portrait.png

If you use 'Adjust window size' and you designed your game for the small 320x480 resolution it will end up in the top-left corner unless your frame is large enough to be expanded to 1536x2048 and you have something to put in all that space.

You should instead go for one resolution that will run well on all devices. 640x960 is a good compromise for most sizes if you use the 'Fit inside and adjust window size.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I will try that again... I was pretty sure that that option did not work, but let me double check, since I did so many tests over the last couple of weeks

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, just tried it, but then the problem I have is that it's not showing the item inside the yellow square, but the whole green area as well..
    So, will this not work at all that way then ?

What do people use then.. to make things universal properly ? (moving all the ojects in code and resizing everything in code?, or make a different frame for widescreen)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The most "universal" screen size option is the "Fit inside and adjust window size".

If you use that it will take the window and zoom it until it hits one of the screen edges. It then expands the window to fill out the remaining space.
    These images are taken from the MMF2/F2.5 documentation (Distributing your application -> iOS -> Properties)
    http://www.andersriggelsen.dk/clickt...splayModes.png

Remember: If you use an option that resizes the window, make sure that the frame itself is at least as large as the window might become when the size is automatically adjusted.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm..
    "If you use that it will take the window and zoom it until it hits one of the screen edges. It then expands the window to fill out the remaining space."

it seens fit the top parts but not expanding the window to the left and right.

So, what would be the recommended size to built an App?
    Do you maybe have an example which works for all devices ?

Edit: looking at the images..
    does my frame needs to be like 1500 x 2048 then and then it will resize properly ?
    but doesn't thinkgs get streched or squezed ?
    so the values in that example, are not correct then and it's looking at the frame size etc.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok pulling my hair out... from whatever is left of it..

Started from scratch to find out what the options are
    I used the size properties for the App 1536x2048 and the frames I use 768x1024 and tried 640x960
    have it set to "Fit inside and adjust window size" but it's only showing in the left top corner a tiny picture.

Then I made a new app
    with the app window size 640x960 and the frames I used 768x1024 and 1536 x 2048 and 640 x960
    with "Fit inside and adjust window size" but it's only showing the top filled, but not filling the sides.. so I have black bars on the side.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok lets start over

Tell me a resolution at which your game looks and works OK on windows (PC runtime) and I will tell you the best cross-device properties for you

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    768 x 1024 is what I want, but I if want to do Wide screen (Iphone 5 and Ipad mini) then I need 640x 960
    so I guess 640x960 would be by new standard, whichever would work better.

My current game = 768x1024 that I have released now.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok so you have your 768x1024 game that somehow needs to fit on say an iPhone5:

What do you prefer?

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one on the left

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast