User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Android New Dialog Control: Text size small!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Android New Dialog Control: Text size small!

This thread continues on from here, as the issue has been apparent prior to the release of Fusion 2.5.

Just to sum up the problem:

• Dialogs produced by this object contains small text. -- Not ideal for mobile users.
    • StephenL's "beta" extension doesn't have any issues.
    • I've never known any Android dialog on any other app/system to have text as small as this.
    • This occurs on more than 3 devices, plus emulators/Android x86 tablet, thus, is not a device specific issue.

I'm using Fusion 2.5 Build 281.2. This issue has been apparent for over 5 months now... I'm hoping I'm not the only one who's noticed font size issues with this object.

Is this extension doing this intentionally or is there something else causing Android dialogs' font to look smaller then it should?

(There is something you may wish to test on the older thread)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    did you test using the last beta for android?

the idea in this extension is to have the dialog acting more or less the same not matter the different device size.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tired of trying out unnecessary steps. I will take a wild guess the beta version is exactly the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by FVivolo
    the idea in this extension is to have the dialog acting more or less the same not matter the different device size.
    As I had suspected all along, it's a fault with the extension. The extension is intentionally doing this and I believe it's doing something wrong.

StephenL's extension for instance looks the same across the different form factors: the tablet and the phone... as it's independent of the specified dimensions for frames/applications set in Fusion, if the new object even does this.

It's an absolute pity really, this extension offers more features, but fails to meet the design standard I expect. Nobody wants to squint to read text. Even worst it's an official object for Clickteam!

I have requested a feature for independent / specifying sizes which could be one way to solve this problem.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I guess you only have seen one side of the situation, the Stephen extension for dialog does not make any reference to any theme that why you only see the internal theme, once you start to use themes, that is where the problem starts, each device have define their own font size according their needs. again I can remove this font size control but what will happens when an user have a different device dpi?, the dialog box will have to be scrolled to see the same content, i guess you have think on this, right?

i have tested this dialog using a nexus 7 (2013) which happens to have one of the latest dpi values, in the latest beta (starting beta 3), i take into account this values and select a font size according this, that why i ask about your version?, if this does not work in that specific device, please post and image (which you already posted) and provide us with the device characteristic to check.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, well... that makes more sense now I see the two sides of the situation...

My side is that nearly every device has an issue with dialogs' font size.
    Your side is that you need to balance it out so it works across various sizes and densities.

I have 7 Android devices on my desk for testing, 2 tablets (1 running x86) and 5 phones.

You say version -- I don't know which you're referring to? Android? SDK? Java? Fusion? OS?

Here are my versions anyway:
    Fusion -- 2.5 Build 281.2 (just updated to the non-official beta)
    SDK -- API 19 (now up-to-date with SDK Manager)
    Java -- jdk1.6.0_43

Android Testing/Specifications
    It's taken a while to do an in-depth test for each device, so I hope the results will be useful.

Device Android Version Android API Stephen's Extension New Extension (Normal theme) New Extension (Internal theme) DPI Info
    Sony XPERIA (Phone) Stock 4.0.4 15 Looks good. Good enough, probably 1px smaller ← Same 320x480 - Density: 1.0 - DPI: 160 (Medium)
    Storage Options Scroll Extreme (Tablet) Stock 4.0.3 15 Looks good. Good enough, probably 1px smaller ← Same 768x976 - Density: 1.0 - DPI: 160 (Medium)
    Samsung Galaxy S Advance (Phone) Official 4.1.2 16 Looks good. Bad, small. ← Same, but title/button font size correct. 480x800 - Density: 1.5 - DPI: 240 (High)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (Phone) CyanogenMod 11 (4.4.2 Snapshot) 19 Looks good. Bad, small. ← Same, but title/button font size correct. 480x800 - Density: 1.5 - DPI: 240 (High)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (Phone) Stock 4.3 18 Looks good. Bad, small. ← Same, but title/button font size correct. 720x1280 - Density: 2.0 - DPI: 320 (XHigh)
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Phone) Stock 4.4.2 19 Looks good. Good enough, probably 1px smaller ← Same 1080x1920 - Density: 3.0 - DPI: 480 (Other)
    Dell Inspiron Duo (x86 tablet hybrid) Android x86 4.0.4 15 Looks good. Good enough, probably 1px smaller ← Same 1366x720 - Density: 1.0 - DPI: 160 (Medium)

I have been observant and have noticed the new dialog is about 1 or 2 pixels smaller then the previous. It's okay, but a tiny bit better and you'd tell no difference.

If it's supposed to work, but as it's not for me, perhaps this has been an SDK/API issue? If you test out the APK first and then re-build the MFA I created in the other thread, that will explain if that's the case.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info!

This is great information, i know is always a problem with samsung, i will check and make a beta version for you to test.

i will send it via PM.

Thanks in advance
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fixed!

Just a note for others if you experience similar issues (especially on a Samsung phone) -- it's been fixed for the next update (build 281.3)

Thanks again FVivolo!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for you to test!

really appreciated!
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The text size of dialog boxes is small on my device Xperia E1.
    Here are 2 screenshots:

1. an application made with Fusion 2.5 284.1, Android Export 284N and Android New Dialog Control v2
    2. the application "Email"

Screenshot_2015-03-27-00-48-22[1].jpg Screenshot_2015-03-27-00-49-28[1].jpg

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    mm i see the font size the same height for buttons and title?, which is the case i think here
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast