User Tag List

Thread: Arrow keys for in-game movement a bad idea?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow keys for in-game movement a bad idea?

Hi,
    I have a platform-type game that uses the 4 arrow keys and the spacebar to control player movement. This works fine in SWF, but when I build in HTML5, these keys cause the browser window to scroll around making the game impossible to play (it keeps moving the game window up and down!). Is there a way to keep the focus just on the game canvas in HTML5 (as it does in SWF games)? I embed the html file into a web page on my site. I can't send the user to the actual html5 canvas page for security reasons.
    I was going to simply reconfigure all my control keys to WASD and RETURN instead of the arrows and the spacebar, but I just wanted to know if there was an easier solution that didn'T require me changing the program (this would mean new docs, new iinstruction panels, etc...)

Thank you very much for any help or comment,
    Tom

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, judging by the replies, I guess that there is no other way than to reprogram my control keys. It's not that that bothers me though; it's having to change all the graphic message panels to reflect the changes in instructions

Oh well, if it's the only way, so be it.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry I was on holidays.

-> Try your game in "full browser window" mode : check the property "Resize display to fill window size" in the Application properties, second tab. Also check "Keep screen ratio", otherwise your game will be distorted. There should not be any more scrolling problems, as the game will take the whole window
    -> You can also, if you install the latest beta of the exporter (in the sticky post of the sub-forum), use the "Full screen" action of the Storyboard object (warning, it must be in direct response to a mouse click, or a click on a button, otherwise the browser will not go in full-screen mode)
    -> But if you want your game not to be full-screen, then you will have to edit the html produced by Fusion. Anyway, I dont think you want to keep the Clickteam Logo in your web-page do you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi François,
    Thant you for your response. I already reprogrammed the controls to use WASD and ENTER so the problem has been solved for that game, but I will apply your solution to other games with the same problem as I convert them to HTML5. Thank you very much for your solution though, since I wasn't aware of the fact that you could resize to full screen in HTML5. I'm anxious to try that now!