User Tag List

Thread: Latest beta - Two bugs when testing on iOS (Active Picture and image compression)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Latest beta - Two bugs when testing on iOS (Active Picture and image compression)

Hi everyone,

After about a year of development, my app is nearing release. After updating to the latest beta, I am encountering two bugs when I test my application in in the simulators and on actual iOS devices, both of which never occurred before. Note that everything works correctly when I test it in Fusion on my PC.

The first bug involves the Active Picture object. See the following screenshot from my application:

bug.jpg

The center image of the coffee shop is loaded with the Active Picture object. Now, if you look at the screenshot, you'll notice that the coffee shop picture is not centered properly. The right edge of the image actually appears farther left than it should, and then the left end of the image tiles on the right side, almost as if the Active Picture object is not centering the image correctly. This does not occur when I test the game in Fusion on my PC; it looks correct there. It only happens when I test it in the iOS simulator or on an actual iPhone or iPad. This never happened before, and I haven't changed any code, so I'm guessing it is a bug with the latest beta. For reference, I am using a display window of 1363x768 with the display method of "Fit inside and adjust window size". Every frame starts by centering the window.

The second bug involves image compression. In the app properties, the image compression is set to "color reduction". I have a few active objects whose color compression I have manually set to "none". However, in the latest exporter, these active objects are still compressed, even though I have specified that they should not be.

Is there anything I can do to fix these items? Once they are done, my app is ready for release. Is there a way for me to officially report these bugs?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi CBSection31
    You are correct, that doesn't look right.
    Can you email me an MFA with the frame containing the active picture object and the image?
    Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have corrected a couple bugs in the Active Picture object, I can't be sure this also fixes your problem - but there is a good chance of it
    I might still need the example file to reproduce the compression bug. Might be a problem in Fusion2.5 itself and not the runtime.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Anders,

I am happy to submit the MFA for you. Does your andos@clickteam.com address support large file sizes? My app is over 25 MB. Otherwise, I can upload it to my server and send you the link.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update to note that I e-mailed you a link to the MFA file, Anders. Thanks!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Received. Debugging now