User Tag List

Thread: Android controllers outside of the ouya, are they compatible?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android controllers outside of the ouya, are they compatible?

I own the android exporter and it's improved so much compared to last year but I have a question i'm unable to find results for, is it possible for our applications right now to read inputs from wireless/bluetooth android controllers? I know the ouya pad works with the ouya extension but I really want to try my game out on other phones, tablets and most importantly android micro consoles like the fire tv and madcatz mojo, since both of these devices are faster then the ouya and would give me better performance, plus I would like to sell my game on these devices one day in the future.

If there isn't a way to read bluetooth controllers for android yet is this something which is in the works?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think fusion can read bluetooth, but that doesn't mean that there isn't an extension out there. OUYA actually has a bluetooth device and since OUYA is just android
    it works the same as cellphones. I haven't seen a bluetooth extensions but I could be wrong.

I know if that a working gamepad or PS3 controller on the PC it works the same, it would be interesting to see if you can control
    game on a Cellphone usinga bluetooth joystick.. like the Bluetooth PS3 controller.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Each one of them require an Object to handle those inputs correctly.

Amazon Fire TV, i learn late (after bought the two controllers) that some others works with the console, but again this controllers are mapped and use according the console.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Diablohead, I already placed a request in the bugbox for this. If you like you can check it here:

http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/1895

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we can see some support for controllers on these devices in the future

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also hope, is that Fusion 2.5 will a stronger development and environment most likely to monetize in multiple systems.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be massively useful, what with 'OUYA Everywhere' coming soon. Then we could do events like +is the device an (insert console)? - create icon for a button appropriate for that console. I imagine controls would be done like the OUYA object, i.e. 'MOJO Object' with mapping for that controller. That way we could use one APK that works across other platforms? I don't think I'll be the only Fusion user getting anxious about OUYA Everywhere!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1000