User Tag List

Thread: Get average of multiple objects alt.val

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get average of multiple objects alt.val

I have lots of objects with individual stats and I want a readout of an average of an overall stat, ie 500 npcs with different happiness levels and a counter for overall happiness.

I know it can be done with on each loops but this is highly inefficient across many objects and more than one alt.value. I would prefer to be able to update these overall stats in real time.

Does anybody know of an alternative or an extension that would do this? Something like Select Object but with such a function. I assume this data is held in a table somewhere and should be accessible.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Every time you change a value you could add/subtract from a central counter (or equivilant) the difference in happiness level, then you could divide that by the number of NPCs to get the average. Seems like a lot of work and I don't know the resource implications, tho (it depends on your game).

Alternatively, you could make the average update loop run less often, e.g. set a flag to show something has changed and then check for it in the last event to see if anything has altered the averages that cycle.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent, thanks!