User Tag List

Thread: Sounds causing game to crash

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds causing game to crash

Im having nothing but problems with my game lately for some reason certain sounds cause my game to crash. They are wav and ogg files and im using the built in sound, not onu. Does anyone else seem to have this going on or know of any fixes? My files are still in my mmf2 folder, would that make any difference?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure all of your sounds are located where the program wants. Also download freemake audio converter and convert all wavs to wav of 'optimal quality'. Never had a sound crash since that myself. If you've compiled your game then I dunno. Maybe you got the app path wrong on a few sounds, or your game is trying to find sounds which have not been compiled. Anything else a pro is gonna have to help you, bud.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, ill try dropping them all where they need to go.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put "only one action when event loops" condition on your event that plays the sound. It might be trying to play the sound repeatedly on every frame causing the game to crash.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave, gave that a try and had no luck most of my sounds are set to that already and if not they are time based.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe try use the sounds in a brand new .mfa and see if it still crashes. Are you playing the samples on a specific channel?

random thing to try (which has solved a sound bug of mine in the past)

go to - View > Data Elements > Sound > and on your buggy sound files, try the options "Preload" or "Load on Call" or "Play from Disk".

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave ill try that as well. The more I played with it it seems like 2.5 isnt liking the built in movements that were transferred over from mmf2. It freezes now at an enemy that I have assigned to vector movement. And it only crashes at that point when the enemy dies. This makes the second movement that breaks the game since upgrading. The first was the built in path movement.