Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Major slowdown leading to crash

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Major slowdown leading to crash

I hate to keep bringing bad news on a great product but my game is crashing at points that dont make much sense. Before I thought it was a sound issue so I singled that out and thats not it. This morning I backed my game up and tried a fresh install on my work laptop but still, same spots would crash. It was a small speedup, but not like what I had with MMF2. Has anyone else experienced this and since fixed it? This is getting REALLY frustrating, if I new it would slowly lead to this I would have finished my game before upgrading, now I can't roll my files back to finish it with MMF2.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your game crashes there must be a way to fix it...

Can you reproduce the crash easily?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this case.. it may be a tedious process of elimination.. delete event groups bit by bit and see if you can make the problem go away. It's probably 1 bad thing that's messing it up.. are you using any extensions? how complex is your project?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it reacts the same each time, i have an enemy that once you kill her, she is supposed to be destroyed. It starts the death animation but then freezes and i get a window saying that Clickteam Fusion 2.5 has experienced errors and after letting the progress bar fill the only option I have is to close the runtime. I even tried going back to 280.32, at that time i had no slowdowns or crashes of any kind.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its nothing huge, the enemy is paired under vector movement (she's a succubus so she's a flying enemy). All i do extra is use the Clickteam Movement Controller to give her a more random flying pattern. Also her health is set to an alterable value named HP and when it is lower or equal to 0 she is destroyed. That seems to be where it happens, as soon as she dies the game does too lol, that's where my crash happens at.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, since this slowdown it uses nearly 100% of my CPU usage on the task manager, it never did this before.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if you found what crashes, i dont see why its a problem to fix it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither do i, thats the problem. I've taken out the event to see if it works and it does, but in return i get an enemy with infinite hp lol. Also, i tried completely taking the enemies events out altogether but im still running at about maybe 10-12fps when i average 60fps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if this happens only with the succubus, its obviusly not connected to enemy dying...
    Have you tried removing the vector movement from the succubus, and then killing her?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I havent tried that. Its a good possibility that could be to blame, I noticed when I first upgraded that all my path movement objects disappeared at the end of the path, until I right clicked the nodes. Im comin off night shift from my job and I have to crash now lol but ill try it when I wake up and report the findings. Thanks for all the input!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast