User Tag List

Thread: Game slowing down over time on Html5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Game slowing down over time on Html5

I am building a small cross platform game for flash, ios, android and html5. I have noticed though that the html5 version slows down over time. If I run it on my laptop it starts off at around 60 fps with some hickups, but slowly decrease its fps down. After about 5-10 mins the fps is down to about round 20:s. I have checked that there are no obvious things like increasing number of objects or anything like this, and this is only in the main menu so there is no input really (i just let the game run).

Also more important is this is not happening on the other versions, flash, android, ios, regular runtime. Only when I build and test on html5. Is there some kind of memory leak or anything in the html5 runtime, or have anyone else experienced something like this? What can I do about it?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We will soon have the profiler tool that will enable us to quickly see what is going on in the game in the case of such a problem.
    I'll have a version quickly for my test. In the meantime, can you send me the mfa of your game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will send the mfa to you after this post:
    I also have a live example here: http://www.varagtp.com/Html5Test/gam...gamestest.html
    I have replaced all the graphics with the same sprite and removed all sound for testing.

I have tested this on both my gaming rig and my laptop. On my gaming rig I first have a frame rate that is hovering around 60. On my laptop it is hovering around 40 (There is a frequent regular stutter in the fps though on both that I can't really pinpoint)
    Then If I leave the "game" open the fps will slowly start to hover down after a couple of minutes. After about 5 minutes the average fps is about halfed. Then it slowly decreases from there.
    Now the strange thing: This only happens if you have the tab open. If you just open the "game" and then browse to some other tabs there is no slowdown while you are "away", even if you return 10 minutes later.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like a garbage collection issue, do you create and delete a lot of objects?
    Really named Ben Otter, but oh well, eh?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DracisLooby: No, I don't think I create and delete any objects to be honest. All the objects that go out the left side of the screen are positioned to the right.
    Also I have a counter in the example showing that no objects are created (Number of objects stay stable at 180)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont have the profiler ready yet. I'll keep you posted as soon as I can test your game.