Thread: One-Time User Created Password

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation One-Time User Created Password

Hi:

I don't have Clickteam Fusion 2.5 yet, so my question goes for Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer.

I want to know how can I create a One-Time User Created Password. I will explain this.

I'm trying to create a diary for teenage girls, but it has to have a password so only the user can access it. When the program starts for the very first time, it asks the user to setup a password. If the password is already setup and the user closes the program, next times it is opened, the program only shows the input field to type the password.

Just like in emails, it also has to have an option for forgotten passwords or for changing the password. But the main problem I face, is to ask for a new password on the very first opening, and on next openings just the password field to type it.

Thanks a lot!

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you want to store encrypted data then you can use something like the Blowfish object, Cypher object, Named Variable Object or Associative Array object. However, if you have a "lost password" function then that means you have to undermine your own encryption which is not ideal. One option would be to store a backup of the password in a different file which is also password-protected, with that other password being generated and stored on a service such as LastPass.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Joshtek:

Thanks for your reply, but that sounded a little chinese to me.

I was looking for a reply more like step-by-step.

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am assuming your using some form of database to store the data so I will use that in my example but you will have to alter your method if your using something different. This is just how I do it, you can use any or all of this if you find it useful.

1. Don't show the box your asking to show. Instead show a log in box with a link for new members to create their account. This fits the function most often needed as most of the time the user will want to log in.
    2. The fact that your only asking for a password reduces your security as anyone can come in a put in any password they want and just keep attempting. There are programs designed to do just that so it's something to keep in mind.
    3. Do not send the password over the Internet, use a has, like MD5. To so this you add something to the string. I normally would use the User Name, password and some other info, could be date, to create the hash. When they click the log in button I send the hash and user name only, not the password, then have the server use the user name sent to look up the person in the DB then take the user name sent, the password out of the database for that record, and add the third part via code then hash them and compare the hash to authenticate the user. If they used the correct password the hash will match and they can get it.

Using this method you never send the password over the Internet unless it's on creating or change. All log in attempts send the hash only. You can run this on SSL to help but it's still very secure over a non SSL connection. Nothing is perfect!

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kimera:

Thanks for your time on answering, but a I forgot to tell that this is not internet based, it will only be a Windows app with no network connection.

The password function is, for example, for parents and brothers not to mess with the girl diary.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try again and see if this helps then. I tend to think web based on everything, sorry.

Ya know this is even better. I can do this faster than explain it. lol
    login.mfa
    Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

I guess that's what I was trying to make.

I'm at work but, when I arrive home, I will take a deeper look at it.

Once again, many thanks!