User Tag List

Thread: Advanced Question for Advanced Users: Cull face and OpenGL extension

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Advanced Question for Advanced Users: Cull face and OpenGL extension

I'm using intensively the OpenGL extension in Fusion2.5 (openGL.mfx) and that's a wonderful extension (fast and reliable).

However, I'm trying to figure out how I can display my Polys on one side only (as it should be by default).
    Currently everything works pretty well but all my polys are displayed in both sides. I would like them to be displayed in the front side only.

How can I do that?

I tried using the "Cull face" action by specifying 0 (front), 1 (back) and 2 (both) but all give the same result: all polys are displayed in both sides...

Help on this point would be very welcomed.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody is using the OpenGL extension? :s

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you are the only advance user here.

Maybe you should post some examples/pics. I'm curious on how this extension behaves.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Cutter

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably because the OpenGL extensions were discontinued. It's sad, really. They had lots of potential. If I remember correctly, the developer of the latest set of them said he would be willing to give the source code to any developer willing to finish them, but nobody ever seemed to want to finish them, since that doesn't appear to have happened. I could be remembering things incorrectly, though. I do know for sure they were discontinued. Also, the OpenGL Collection was the latest set of them (the other ones were individual extensions, where as the OpenGL collection was a set of extensions). If you're asking about the original ones, then it is very unlikely that it is going to work the way you want it to, since it had some issues (such as the screen sometimes being entirely black instead of rendering correctly). Also, I've asked questions about the OpenGL extensions many, many times before, with people usually either not knowing the answer or saying that MMF2 isn't for 3D (or both). I really have been wishing for the Irrlicht object/whatever the Irrlicht object's new name was to get finished, but that doesn't seem to be happening (though I do still have hope). I really want Clickteam Fusion 2.5 to be capable of 3D, but everyone seems to say that's crazy-talk, or they simply don't know how to use the existing extensions (I happen to fall under the second category, I personally want to see it happen, really).

Too long, didn't read: I don't know the answer, and I doubt anyone will because every last 3D object for MMF2/Clickteam Fusion 2.5 ever released has been discontinued.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For information, I know Fusion is and has always been designed for 2D. However, the goal of 3D Object is not - imo - to make a 3D World but render a 2D world in 3D. That's 2 different things really.
    However, when someone say me that Fusion is 2D and it should not or users should not do or try to do 3D with it... I answer them: you don't know what Fusion is really because you are probably not an advanced user of it.

Of course, internally Fusion has never been designed for 3D. But, with smart extensions, it could really plays with 3D. Not as advanced as any other 3D game or 3D software but...

I'm currently developping and maintaining a 3D software. It is built with Fusion (and many extensions btw). The environnement is 3D and it also have a 3D preview. Moreover, it has 4 views (3 2D and 1 3D). It's called Cubik: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDkJ6sqPWSg

The 3 things that seems impossible currently is:
    1) Picking (selecting an object in 3D view
    2) Render faces of an object only in one way (the subject of that thread)
    3) Save a PNG (with alpha transparency) of what is rendered in 3D

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that Fusion is capable of 3D. I've used it a little myself, though I am unable to get very far using it, and the fact that the objects were never finished and aren't cross-platform doesn't help things. I've even asked people about whether they could work on making some new ones, to no avail.

In addition to that, there is the problem that, whenever basically anyone asks for help with the 3D objects, the people who respond, instead of saying they don't know, which I'm guessing is the case considering how often it happens, (though I think I might remember some particularly annoying people who said they did know how to do said things but refused to tell me anyway, which, of course, doesn't help anyone) they say something along the lines of "Fusion isn't for 3D use Unity for 3D DON'T EVER USE FUSION FOR 3D!!!!11!!!!", though obviously never quite like that.

Quite frankly, I've heard that Unity has its own very, very major issues, such as, say, a lack of ability to change to another engine easily because Unity code only really works in Unity, which isn't helped by the fact that a lot of said Unity-specific code is also used just to get around its own bugs, for starters. That isn't from experience, but it is one thing I've heard about it. Not helped by the expensive price either, obviously. Of course, that is a problem in CF2.5/MMF2 as well (less so in the case of getting around its own bugs, though it is still a little bit of a problem sometimes, and the price is, in comparison to Unity, quite cheap), but at least there it's kinda obvious from the start (it doesn't use a programming language for programming), and it is really easy to use CF2.5/MMF2 to make up for it, whereas Unity requires you use programming languages and still doesn't make the process of changing engines easy.

It is a part of the reason I want to see a new 3D object for CF2.5. Considering the popularity of the Raycaster object on the Clickstore, I think it would be worth an extension developer's time and money to do it as long as they put it on the Clickstore for some kind of reasonable price, like maybe 10, 20, 30, 40, or possibly 50 dollars, with the cheaper ones being more likely (10, 20, and possibly 30 dollars if you want to know what ones I personally would be most likely to be willing to pay for). I don't know the exact sales numbers of the Raycaster object, of course, but I've heard it is one of the better-selling things on the Clickstore, so there is definitely demand for a 3D extension.