User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Renaming Qualifier values

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Renaming Qualifier values

I am pretty sure I have made a thread about this before, but I don't think it ever got anywhere. I think this is something that is desperately needed: A way to rename the value names in a Qualifier.
    It is impossible to make a big project effeciently without using Qualifiers. If you have say 50 different enemies it is much tidier and faster to add new enemies if you already have their events ready in a Qualifier instead of doing individual events for every enemy type. The problem is that your code instantly goes from readable to an unreadable mess as soon as you begin to use them.

An event that is easy to read:

If "Damage" > "HP" : -> Substract 1 from "Life"

becomes something like:

If "Alterable Value C" > "Alterable Value F" : -> Subtract 1 from "Alterable Value B"

It just becomes a very hard to read mess very very fast.

There must be a way to do this? It could just be a visual thing, it would still be the same behind the scenes. It could even be a manual thing you put in. So you could edit an individual Qualifier value name manually. So you could rename "Alterable Value B" to "Life" manually. It would actually not change anything else, if you would change "Alterable Value B" to "Stamina" in one of the enemies, that would still not change anything. "Alterable Value B" in the Qualifier would still be shown as "Life" until you would edit it. It would just be a visual thing that you have to keep track of yourself.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is really no interest about this? How do you people keep track in your code?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is impossible, I think.

What I usually do is to work my code on only one enemy inside a frame, then after properly backup, change all the values to the group I want, with the "replace object" function.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I've an idea for this, hopefully it can be done in the next major build.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Yves, that would be the best thing ever!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I've an idea for this, hopefully it can be done in the next major build.
    How would this work considering you can add different Actives with different variable labels to the same qualifier? I'd love to see it, I am just curious

Edit: Ohhhh of course, you'd just allow the qualifier group to be assigned it's own labeling for Alterable Values I assume.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BossRighteous: It would just be a visual thing to make reading the code much easier for you. Instead of reading "Add 1 to "Alterable Value A"" in the code you would rename the display name for that value (From "Alterable Value A" to "HP" for example) in that qualifier so that you would see "Add 1 to "HP"" instead.

I guess there could also be a more complex version that could sense if you have conflicting value names in different actives bound to the same qualifier. But I think this more manual approach is the most easy and straightforward way to implement, and that would still make everything SOOO incredible much easier to read and keep track off.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if renaming qualifier values is now on the table, can we also be able to rename/edit the icon of qualifiers themselves? the generic names and weird icons are kind of lame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I'd be fine if the qualifiers showed the value names only IF the value names are the same. I can see where you would run into problems if the value names were different on each object with the same qualifier, but I don't see any issues if the value names were the same on multiple objects in the same qualifier group. It is really quite annoying to have to go through the alphabet to match up correct values to their corresponding "Alterable Value A" etc.

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 weird icons and placeholder value names

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast