User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Renaming Qualifier values

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhysD View Post
    To be honest, I'd be fine if the qualifiers showed the value names only IF the value names are the same. I can see where you would run into problems if the value names were different on each object with the same qualifier, but I don't see any issues if the value names were the same on multiple objects in the same qualifier group. It is really quite annoying to have to go through the alphabet to match up correct values to their corresponding "Alterable Value A" etc.
    Yes the best option I think would be if the qualifier could detect if all the objects bound to it had their Alterable Value B named "HP" for example it would automatically also name its Alterable Value B to "HP". And if you add a new object that is bound to that qualifier but with another name for Alterable Value B then that qualifier would change back its value name to Alterable Value B also to sign that there is no single name for that value in the objects that are bound to it.

I am just not just sure how much work this would be. I would rather Clickteam could do an easy fix then no fix at all. At least at first.

Also like DaveC say I would love to be able to change the qualifier icons or make completely new ones. (Even more important to be able to change icons of the folders in the event editor)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, this is overdue I think. I have to make a comment list to remember all the corresponding names of qualifier values.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to bump this up, but has this been addressed? I did search and this is the only thread bearing any resemblance to what i need.

Or did the facility to rename 'Qualifiers' get implemented and I'm just not knowing how to do it?

Regards

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the original request has been implemented. (renaming qualifier values) so it works like this

Say you have two Active Objects (A and B) both have the same qualifier - now if you give them the same value name, for example "Health" - the events in the qualifier won't read as Alterable Value A but as "Health" which is nice.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This update was really really great. So much easier to keep track of things!

I also made another request that I think would be really useful described here:

"This is something that often leads to confusion in a big project. There seems to be no way to at a glance see what Flags are used on what objects without trying to take notes by yourself. This often are very messy though since it is easy to remove some events that are no longer needed that use a flag and then miss to take a note that that flag is "free" to use again.

It would be so very much better if the objects could detect if one of its flags are used in an event and then you could somehow see this in its properties.

I would actually like if there was a note by alterable values also to indicate if that alterable value is in use in any event or if it has been freed up and can be used for something else without having to manually go through the object and each event to check if it is actually used or not."

http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/2345

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flag/value "in use" definitely would be handy.. I don't suppose we could get Named Flags as well?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a thread on TDC a few years ago where it was mentioned that it's possible to rename qualifiers using a memory editor.
    http://www.create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=290543

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're semi on the topic of qualifiers how about making behaviors link up with qualifiers per object? Like have the enemy qualifier, but the enemy object that its paired with be global. That would rule!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2