User Tag List

Thread: Can Fusion 2.5 create non game apps?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Fusion 2.5 create non game apps?

Just wondering if Fusion 2.5 can create non game apps, something along business style apps, such as accounting or medical reporting type apps? Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you can. There are also a lot of (3rd party) extensions out there if you need something special, for example the Archive object if you want to manage zip files.

The most useful extensions for this kind of app are included in the Developer version of Fusion.
    There you have the DataGrid (Excel-like grid object), List View (list with columns) and Dialog Box (very powerful dialog box creator with all kinds of elements).

And: A lot of Fusion game programmers use Fusion also to create their own level editor for their games.
    You really can do a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall CreatorInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Definitely.
    I've created two applications that are in use in a number of different industries from Medical Centres, Local Authorities, Media Companies and even a Museum and an Airport!!

Both of the following were created in MMF2 Dev and I've now upgraded to Fusion 2.5:

SAFE Panic Button: http://www.number5software.co.uk/safehome.html

V-Log Visitor Software: http://www.number5software.co.uk/vloghome.html

MMF/Fusion is very powerful on it's own and the 3rd party extensions really add to what it can do.
    I've had the software working with Brother Label Printers and also Barcode scanners!
    To be honest I find application development very satisfying as you try and write software to solve a specific issue.

Good luck

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Check out ClickConverse our chat system, which was created in MMF2 - pure app goodness!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some years ago I programmed a tool for 3D box shots with an own interface.
    You can drag & drop all groups with a single right click and reorder everything like you want.
    But I abandoned this project because of some issues with the 3D Mesh object in Sub-Applications and under other circumstances.
    It seems this project was too complex for the 3D Mesh object. But yeah, was (sometimes) fun to built a interface from scratch.

Attachment 13561

(click to see full size)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I know it can be done, I have a program I want to create, I even have an example I want to build off of. I just don't have the slightest clue on how to actually get started.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OCP - any questions just ask!