User Tag List

Thread: object oriented programming and/or efficient code

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

object oriented programming and/or efficient code

I am working on a very nice game and I just to wanted to get ideas on how to an create efficient platform for my game to make it easier to create levels, modes, etc without repetitive code; also easier for team development. For example I know I could copy & paste levels, copy & paste events. But if I want to change code to the base engine I'd have copy & paste events to all levels??. If you understand what I am saying is there a better way to do things in fusion?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead if using multiple frames, just use 1 frame for all your levels. Create a level editor and load in your levels from an array.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would this level editor be a separate application that creates array files and then I would include those arrays in my main application which are loads the designs into gameplay. Am I in the right direction?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doverseer: Completely in the right direction!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's right! the first time I really decided to brave this idea was when I saw an open source example way back in the day here - http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=7308

the link is down now though, but I still have the files here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipekpx7m5t5ymxm/UppyDuppy.zip

play around with that a little and it will all fall into place in no time! there are loads of other level editor examples around but I chose to share this one because it's all there - a (very basic) level editor + a real game that is open source, so you can understand how it all comes together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I will check this out today.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    that's right! the first time I really decided to brave this idea was when I saw an open source example way back in the day here - http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=7308

the link is down now though, but I still have the files here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipekpx7m5t5ymxm/UppyDuppy.zip

play around with that a little and it will all fall into place in no time! there are loads of other level editor examples around but I chose to share this one because it's all there - a (very basic) level editor + a real game that is open source, so you can understand how it all comes together.
    Sorry for old topic
    Link is broken. Dave or anyone have this example. I appreciate for share it.