User Tag List

Thread: Battle Pixels - on FGL for sponsorship - what are your experiences with FGL

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Battle Pixels - on FGL for sponsorship - what are your experiences with FGL

Hi, I have just put up my game on FGL for sponsorship. I have been working on this game for ages, but I finally completed it and it is currently going through the FGL approval process.

You can check out the trailer here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2JciM8Io8Y&feature=kp

I thought I would just ask - what have your experiences with FGL been like?

Also I am planning on releasing a HTML5 version of the game. Is it also a good idea to get sponsors via FGL or are there other avenues?

I have been working on this game for a long time, it seems that the FLASH market has been slowing down over the time I have been developing the game. Has the boat sailed regarding FGL games and revenue?

Any input or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks to all the Clickteam members and forum commentors for the help and advice.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been to FGL very recently, but I wrote an article about my experience of it when the Flash exporter was just taking off - this is the kind of thing you can expect!

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/60286-Selling-a-Flash-game-the-story-of-CannonBob

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks DavidN, the article is very informative.

Have you moved away from FLASH and FGL?

Do you think HTML5 or Steam are better sources of revenue?

I'm considering a Steam version of my game, but the fact that the Flash version is free (to play) I'm not sure how well a paid for Steam/PC version will go down.
    I assume more levels and additional gloss is required.

Thanks again for the article, get work :-)