User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Golden Hour - a hi-res pixel art Metroidvania... with explosions!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golden Hour - a hi-res pixel art Metroidvania... with explosions!

Golden hour is a hi-res pixel art RPG platformer/Metroidvania currently in development for PC (other platforms are yet to be confirmed).
    A well ballanced mix between a classic action platformer and an exploration-based RPG, taking you on an intense journey involving fighting, exploring, platforming, crafting, spellcasting and numerous other features.

The gameplay trailer!

Features:

-RPG leveling system including four primary and many secondary skills to improve your battle, platforming, crafting and other possibilities
    -Explore a world composed of beautiful pixel art
    -Destructive environment with special effects and realistic physics
    -Use your enviroment in battle!
    -4 bindable quick action slots
    -Over 30 spells whose power depends on players levels and skills
    -Variety of melee and ranged weapons
    -Game-altering items and equippables such as potions, magic jewelry, shields, armor
    -Dynamic music following the mood of the game events

Story:

After death of king Faragon and the end of Lindgren family reign, the kingdom of Heratos is facing the end of the peaceful and prosperous era that lasted over 600 years. A war is breaking out as the rulers of the four divided provincies want the whole kingdom to themselves. The story begins after a minor battle in Idessa mines when the six remaining soldiers stuck in a bunker spontaneously decide to unite and take down the four self-proclaimed kings.

Soon on Kickstarter!
    Unfortunately, after a year and a half of development and quitting our jobs for the sake of this game our resources have simply come to an end. Finishing this game will require a full-scaled soundtrack, a singer, an illustrator, numerous sprites, backgrounds and animations which greatly surpasses the possibilities of a two-piece independent team. We'll be launching our Kickstarter campaign early to mid-august.

Stay tuned for more info!
    Official website
    Twitter
    Facebook

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks really impressive! The blue-lit background in the video still is really stunning

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks amazing!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Game! Congratulations!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golden Hour - a hi-res pixel art Metroidvania... with explosions!

Wooooooooooow

Amazing!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is incredible! Excellently done.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great. Seems to have a keen eye for detail and a tasteful use of physics and effects.

I'm a bit shocked to learn that your kickstarter didn't do well. The game looks so well polished, gameplay was clearly visible, design was strong, and the kickstarter page seemed really professional. Do you have any ideas about what you could have done differently?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with the Kickstarter campaign was that they didn't really get the word about the game's existence spread very well, and that wasn't helped by the fact that the developers of the game couldn't, from my understanding, even get a 5-minute demo together in a month to send to let's players and such so that the game would be more well-known, which makes me question whether or not they could get the game finished in a year like they said they could (though it's entirely possible that they could actually have pulled it off, I know for a fact that games tend to take quite a bit longer to make than you'd expect).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the surface, the PR doesn't seem too bad. The kickstarter page has quotes from at least 6 different outlets, and they have 1.3k facebook likes, which suggests that they did manage to spread the word a bit.

What I find amazing is that Heart forth, Alicia has only twice the number of facebook likes, yet raised literally 100 times more money on kickstarter. I can't quite get my head around that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast