Thread: MP3 music in Clickteam Fusion 2.5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question MP3 music in Clickteam Fusion 2.5

Hi everyone,

I've searched the forum but can't find an answer relating to this product (sorry if I missed it).

I got Clickteam Fusion in the Steam sale and have enjoyed using it. I've made my first game (in which you stack owls to protect them from skinheads) and a friend kindly made me a soundtrack to go with it. However, I'm struggling to implement it. I can put in the MIDI file from the Chocowhatever tutorial folder and it works fine, however, when I implement my friend's mp3 in the same way - through the event editor - it doesn't play.

What am I doing wrong? Please don't tell me I have to pay for an extension to get this working...!! Although, obviously... do tell if that's the case... I'll just be sad is all .

Any help appreciated.
    Cheers!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jango!

Try to use Active Direct Show.
    Start of frame -> Load (your mp3 file) then use Play

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you screenshot your event list editor or upload a .mfa file

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Thanks for the responses, everyone! It wouldn't work as a sample, Snail - it found it, recognised it, but refused to play it.

It did, however work as an Active Direct Show object, Faint. However, this ADS doesn't appear to have the music/sample options of being able to loop and continue it indefinitely across frames. As it is, the music stops when I change frame (or just restarts if I clone the object for each frame) Any suggestions how I might do that?

Thanks again!! Really do appreciate it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jango!

Do Active Direct Show object global in properties or check this out:

"End of frame" -> "Set GLOBAL Value A" (or B etc.) for current position ("Get Current Position" from "Active Direct Show")
    "Start of frame" -> "Set Position" ("Active Direct Show") to "Global Value A"

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the mp3 filter come with Fusion? I could be mistaken, but I thought it came with certain exporters.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What OS are you running Fusion on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your advice, everyone - really helpful. I've now sorted the music.

Checking the global box allowed the music to run across frames, but since the game is very much of the 'just one more go' variety, the track would run out. I tried to get round this with Global Value trickery, but it was a bit clunky and the sound was very noticeably dropping out between frames. However, I converted the mp3 to a wav, and then set it as an infinite, uninterrupted sample loop. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work before, but I suspect it was something to do with the mp3 format. I might have to experiment in the name of science...! Regardless, making the sample 'uninterruptable' was hugely significant... as my early efforts resulted in an infinitely layered sample - sounding not unlike a nightmarish Aphex Twin track. Eesh!

In the name of wrapping up other queries:
    - mp3 was checked in the sound filter options
    - I'm running Windows 8

Massive thanks again though, everyone. It's great to see such a helpful community!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thx man